This is an average hotel, very central in Philly. Much overpriced!
The rooms are fine. The service is average.
During my stay there was a fire alarm and all people were asked to evacuate their room and go out by stairs (elevators are not permitted in such cases). After awhile, they announced that this was a false alarm. Now, many peope were waiting to return to their room, using the elevators. It took a long time, since many people had to use the elevators (thyere are 28 flo0rs in the hotel)
I understand that such events might happen, but I would expect some consideration (at least a cookie, or so). They behaved like nothing happened.
- Noisy air conditioner (a/c) in the room (no central airconditioning)
- The a/c has limited tremperatures that you can set. The maximum is 24 C. This should be enough, but these thermostats are not well calibrated, which means that when it shows 24C it could be 20C. In the evening it was too cold and the limited temperature did not allow for proper heating.
- Slow TV: changing channels takes 3 sec. If you want to browse the channels, it is very annowing.
- They invite you to ask anything that you need. However, they do not mention the cost. You never know how much things cost untill you ask. They know that once you ask for something, it is not easy to say that it is too expensive for you.
- No safe in the room.
- Average maintanance (Stained carpet, stained celing in the bathroom, etc.)
- Expensive internet!!!! I believe that the time of 10$ per day is over. It was my mistake that I came to this hotel without checking the internet cost in advance. I will not do it again.
- Fast elevators.
- Well lighted rooms.
- Iron and coffee maker.
- Large windows
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.