“Great Stay Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   237 South Broad Street, Broad and Locust Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19107-5686   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Experience Philly
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Woodbine, MD
“Great Stay Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed one night. Got in late evening and check in was a real breeze. I had only booked a couple of days before on Doubletree's main reservations line. At that time the only room available was the ADA type, but upon check in was given a non ADA room, 2307. WHAT A VIEW!! quite nice. The room with 2 Queen beds was very clean, spacious, and seemed to be recenlty updated. Everything in the room was in working order. Soft towels, sheets and firm bed. Biggest drawback was the heat did not cycle off and on, which woke me a couple of times. I am only giving this a very good, because of the short stay we didn't get to check out the amenities of the hotel. Parking was $25.00 (for 24hrs) at a garage next door. We were able to leave our vehicle all day even though we had checked out. We walked to our event at UPenn ( a long walk, but it was good weather and exercise is always a plus). Close by retail stores, tons of restaurants. This will definately be our go to hotel for the next 4 years.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Greek first
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I loved the location and the room !The staff was wonderful and the bar had casual food always had a friendly crowd.IMy favorite charming bartender was Wanda a Jada Pinket Smith look alike!
the front desk staff were kind and helpful Crystal even offered to loan me a coat!Tyree the night auditor was always helpful in many ways.I also have to mention the wonderful maid service and Tsuda who cleaned like "Wonder woman" and was so very kind. Last but not least great room service from the main dinning room and my room server Sal who spoiled the guests nightly. When you walk in they have about big screen with area info and computers with extra info for guests. The are was walkable and the taxi,s were always available and the doorman always helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights and loved it. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the valet parking guys were super. We had a room on a higher level looking out over Broad Street. The view was great although we could hear the traffic noise so if you don’t like that you might have to sacrifice the view for a more quiet space. The beds were comfy, the room was spacious, the pool was nice, the business office area was quiet and well equipped, the lobby store was well stocked and the lobby restaurant was good. We had a late dinner there and the food was good and lots of people were there watching the NCAA basketball tournament, so it was fun. The hotel is within walking distance to many theaters, good shopping around Rittenhouse Square, and if you are a walker you can easily walk to the old part of the city to take in the attractions there. Wished we had more time, we would have stayed a few more nights. Will definitely come back here again!

Room Tip: Corner room on higher level offered great views out over Broad St. but you can hear traffic noise so...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you are in town on your honeymoon or for any other special occasion I suggest you stay elsewhere. However, if you are just looking for a place to lay your head at night then this place will do just fine! It's certainly nothing special, our room was shabby with peeling paint in the bathroom and ripped bath curtain, but it was clean. The staff is very friendly and we did feel very welcomed every time we stepped into the lobby or the breakfast room. They have a pool that is way too small and packed with kids for adults to enjoy, but it was just fine for us because two of the kids it was packed with were ours and they seemed to like it just fine.... :)

One big problem this hotel has is paper-thin walls. We had a room that was connected with the room next to it from within with with a double door. It was cocked and bolted shot so we didn't feel at all unsafe, but when a men in the adgecent room decided to have a phone conversation at 2 in the morning I heard every word. Luckily, it was over pretty quickly. Not sure if in our case it was because we had one of the two adjoining rooms or if that's just due to cheap construction, but it's certainly a big inconvenience! Another disappointment was the lack of hot tub that they advertise on their site and all travel sites. My son was looking forward to soaking in it but there was none to be found when we arrived.

Room Tip: Ask for a place on top floor with the view of City Hall and away from elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rebekah K, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We’re very sorry for the noise issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We are also looking into updating all online sources to make sure our information is advertised correctly. Your review will help us correct similar issues in the future and we hope that the next time you’re in the area, you’ll consider staying with us again.
Bethany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Close to restaurant, shopping. Decent size rooms. For some unknown reason I made a reservation for a handicapped room.At the reception I was told that my room is near, very, very near to the elevators. I came for a conference and I actually had a talk the next day so good sleep was very important, so the lady at the reception-Kim was extremely nice and she changed my room to a quieter one.I also received a free breakfast in the morning of my talk .The rooms are all kind of corner, mine was on the 21-st floor with spectacular views. Overall a very good experience. I am staying here for the last 3 years and I enjoy every time.

Room Tip: Handicapped accessible are closed to elevators so very noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is awful. There is construction going on that starts at 5am. First there's beeping from all the trucks. Then you hear the engines of the crane start up. After that, there's all manner of banging. If you're looking for a place to sleep, try somewhere else.

The front desk is also horribly rude.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KTPM, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear verybusybusy,
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay. We do apologize for the noise problems you encountered due to the nearby construction. The noise ordinance in Philadelphia requires that all contruction not take place before 7AM and the hotel has requested that the contractor abide by this rule. We closely monitor all noise violations and report them to the city. Wehave been reassured that the jack hammering that was taking place during your stay is completed and that the noise level you experienced has ceased.
Again, we apologize that your visit coincided with this stage of their construction project and hope you will stay with again in the future.
LA California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I checked in for a one night stay at the Doubletree on South Broad Street and proceeded to my room - 2108 - and as I was unlocking the door I made a mental note that I was on the back side of the elevator shaft. Yep, you guessed it. By the way I am not waiting to write this review until I return home, I am in the room doing it now.

Upon entering my room I immediately heard the elevator mechanics making this rolling noise that sounded like a small subway train. Up and down, up and down. I called the desk to to request a new room and was TOTALLY dismissed and was told it was not possible but to check back. Who me, check back, what kind of customer service is that? So I decided to suck it up. Well upon my return from dinner it WOULD NOT STOP! I swear this was the ONLY elevator that was being used. I called down to talk to the night manager only to be told "She is with a customer." I left my name ( of course she recognized it) and I have yet to get a call back.

My suggestion is to stay at another hotel in Philly. If you do stay here ask upon check in if the room is next to the back wall of the elevator shaft. This was an extremely disappointing stay and tarnished my first trip to Philly. The one bright side is that I did get my first PhillyCheesesteak sandwich.

Very disappointed, especially since my wife and I are Hilton Honors Silver award holders so much for being in a loyalty program.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear 79,
Thank you for your comments and we apologize that our response to you room relocation request was not handled properly. We value you as a HHonors guest and hope that you will give us another opportunity should you return to Philadelphia. Please feel free to contact our Director of Front Office and she will make sure that your accomodations will be perfect.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City? Share your experiences!