“Not a bad hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   237 South Broad Street, Broad and Locust Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19107-5686   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Philly Overnight Package
Ranked #38 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
“Not a bad hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

There was nothing bad about this hotel. The lobby was really cool looking. The bar was nice. They served good drinks and gave good service. It seemed a little pricy but I expected that. I liked the cookie they gave you when you checked in. Valet was really fast and reasonable for other places I have stayed. The hotel room wasn't really inspirational at all but it was OK. They bed was really comfortable. I overall had no problems. I wouldn't be against staying again. They let me check in early which i really appreciated.

Room Tip: Lower floors have no view. I'm not sure if higher floors do.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Washington, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed in this property 3-4 times over the last 10 years. The price for The Philadelphia Flower Show week was very comparable to other hotels that were within 5-7 blocks of the convention center. The staff is always extremely friendly (shout out to Louis who worked his magic on our adjoining rooms & WiFi connection). Parking is right next to the hotel. The restaurants in the hotel & service stand up to nearby competition in price & quality. We always bump into some entertainer at this hotel, must be the proximity to so many sports & performing art venues. The restaurant choices within walking distance make this a good location. This property was recently renovated. Ladies there are 3 large mirrors with great lighting in each room & plenty of outlets - Hallelujah! Finally a design team that gets it. The double queen corner rooms have plenty of space to move around and a marvelous view. This hotel has a nice clean spa/pool area that is well appointed with updated equipment.

Room Tip: A large percent of the hotel rooms are situated on an angle facing city hall (great view if you can...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We chose the Doubletree hotel based on location, price and ratings. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised. The location was excellent just one block from the Kimmel center where we were to see the Philadelphia Symphony. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. The exercise room was nice as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

As a HIlton Honors member, I looked hard at the choices available in Philly and initially I did not find a fit that I had wanted, but I ended up not being disappointed in this hotel. I spotted another review of this hotel just before writing mine and I had to feel that this reviewer had in mind the same things that I wanted to write about, even down to the sameTitle!

I had a great rate for a downtown hotel in ANY city; I booked this one on the Hilton website about 2 weeks before my visit and got a rate of $129/night. (AAA rate: it would have been even less expensive if I had been willing to pay in full in advance)

The hotel is reasonably accessible from the airport by train.
I actually stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn at the PHL Airport(also a Hilton property) and caught the train with my partner for $8 for both of us to travel to the central city (vs. $28 + tip for a cab)
The train has two stops near City Hall and results in a 10 minute walk to the hotel.

This hotel is located along the Avenue of the Arts (Broad Street) and near major theatres and the Curtis Institute of Music. Because of its central location, it was a good place to walk to various sites that my partner and I wanted to visit.
The main purpose of our Philly trip was to visit the Barnes Foundation where there is a fantastic art collection focusing on Impressionist and Post-Impressionist artists that may be unrivalled anywhere in the world. This is close to the world famous Museum of Art just northwest of the hotel and a nice 20 minute walk (for a pair of mid-50's adults that we are ) from our hotel.
We were also about a 20 minute walk from the Independence Mall area where the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and other historical sites are located.
We were less than 10 minutes walk from Rittenhouse Square where there are fabulous stores and restaurants.

Some Hiltons have great restaurants; this hotel did not have a great restaurant, but had a good serviceable restaurant. Service was a bit slow and seemed a bit disjointed for breakfast.
As a HIlton Honors member, we were entitled to two Continental Breakfast meals each day of stay; however, on Sundays, we were entitled to the entire Brunch buffet including hot foods, omelets, etc. Food quality was good, but we felt compelled to venture out and try the wide variety of ethnic eateries that abound in downtown Philadelphia.

The room was nicely appointed. I would have liked a room safe, otherwise it had the amenities I would expect from a hotel room. The only glitch encountered with the room was an environmental control unit on the wall that did not seem to sync with the heating unit controls, so I used the heating unit controls neat the window.
Also, although I was on the 22nd floor, I could still hear the loud emergency vehicle sirens in the middle of the night. Thankfully, only happened two or three times that I can recall.

Service was excellent from staff members.
It did get a bit backed up at noontime for checkout and they appeared to be short-staffed at least temporarily but everyone remained pleasant nonetheless.

I intend to return to Philadelphia to visit the Museum of Art and spend a bit more time exploring this city and I would be perfectly happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I checked in late at night after a very long day, and they made the end of my day very easy. Check in only took a moment, and they even had a warm cookie ready for me. The room was very clean and cozy, and the king bed was incredibly comfortable. Parking was easy to find, and very conveniently located directly under the hotel.

Room Tip: The high floors have some very nice views of the city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Walking distance from our son's apartment was a large part of the reason we chose to stay here, but it's also walking distance from music and theater venues, museums, historic districts, and lots of retaurants. Service was excellent, room was very comfortable, and we enjoyed breakfast buffet. (A perk for HHonors guests.) Only negative was intermittant noise from elevator, even though we were several rooms from the elevator shaft.

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Worcester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This property was once the Hershey hotel in Philadelphia. Hilton has done a great job with the interior. The rooms had a boutique feel and very clean. The downstairs bar is a great meeting place and we decided to stay and eat dinner with the group that we were with. Most of us ordered salads and we all really enjoyed them. Although the service was a little slow we were surprised with the quality of food. The lobby has some great lighting and decorating and with all the glass has a lot of openness. Would stay again with the price being appropriate and the hotel being situated close to so many things.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City? Share your experiences!