“You can sleep here, but it is not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   237 South Broad Street, Broad and Locust Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19107-5686   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Philly Overnight Package
Ranked #37 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“You can sleep here, but it is not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Let me start by saying that this is a huge building and I stayed in one room. So I do not know about the others. I had three problems while staying: The first night I did not sleep well, too much mechanical noise that I attributed to the AC. The second night I decided to warm up the room and turn the AC off. Since the noise persisted, I was able to pinpoint the source at the soda machine in front of my desk. I requested a change of rooms, also because my toilet got clogged. I was told to try again after noon but by the time I did it, I was informed that they were booked. Upon insistence, a visibly frustrated agent derived my case to a supervisor, to whom I suggested that they unplug the soda machine. That night I turned off the AC and had a better sleep, albeit chilly. The next night I tried warming up the room before, but then the AC refused to stop, that is until I tried to turn it off at 2 AM.
So:
1) clogged toilet 2) noisy soda machine right in front of my door and 3) a very independent air conditioning unit that decides on its own when to cool and when to heat, and it keeps switching.

Add to that that the restroom ceiling had some unfinished patch work and you get the idea.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and soda machines. Go high, because the street is noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KTPM, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear open sourcerer,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that your HVAC unit did not work properly. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we want you to know that we will work with our team to ensure that we correct all issues mentioned. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

1,393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great view of the city.. close to shopping, bars and restaurants...... which is great
Only problem was the room was near the elevator, which wa a bit noisy at times...
Nice place though.. staff was friendly and attentive..... Grab a beer at the Good Dog bar or Perchm which is right across the street

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Ths staff were very helpful and pleasant. The restaurant was very good with a great choice of buffet breakfast. The location of the hotel was very central to main attractions ,shopping , bars and restaurants The open top bus stopped close by. The room was well appointed and bright with a lovely corner window . This was a multi centre holiday and we returned to this hotel at the end of our trip prior to our flight home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My fiance and I had tickets to a show at the Kimmel Center. I was in high heels and panty hose in 20 degree weather and the walk didn't bother me -- it is that close. There were lots of great restaurants and things to see within walking distance.

The hotel itself seemed very clean. Our room was a decent size and nicely decorated. The TV was a slightly older flat screen, there was lots of noisy construction that made the pool experience kinda miserable and we had a problem with our door -- each time, it would not unlock until we inserted the card 5-10 times. But, these were minor things overall and the hotel was a good value for the price.

Room Tip: They had construction or some loud banging noises in various parts of the hotel. For the best room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Ahhh, our stay was so comfortable! We booked this in a day (because we were worried about driving back in a winter storm, so we had to stay overnight). So glad we chose this hotel. The linens were fresh, the room was bright, EVERYTHING was spotless! We were even treated to warm chocolate chip cookies when we arrived. The restaurant food was good. Plus, the location is so central to Philly-- close to shopping, restaurants, South St., etc. The only negative thing I would say is that you need to pay for wireless internet (though nowadays that's expected), and the bathroom floor was cold. Stay here. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: 1201 (towards Broad St) was a great room, nice and bright.
Philadelphia, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you have theatre tickets, tell the host or hostess, service is slow but it helps a little. Service is always slow, but was a little better this time. Great location across from Academy of Music, We walked to Reading Market, have your Parking ticket stamped, then you can travel in and out of Parking garage without charge, cheaper to park yourself than having a Valet do it for you.

Room Tip: use points and go up to Executive lounge, on the 24th floor, free water and soda, with a computer up...
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here last weekend on a trip to Philly with my gf and friends for Knicks- Sixers and some shopping. Very convenient for walking distance to many shops and located near Broad Street ine to go straight to Wells Fargo. Staff was very courteous, beds were comfortable, rooms were clean. If you are looking for a bar or restaurant, there are a few good ones nearby. definitely recommend

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City? Share your experiences!