“Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, wonderful service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City

You added Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   237 South Broad Street, Broad and Locust Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19107-5686   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
PARKING INCLUDED!
Ranked #37 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I had my wedding reception at the Doubletree Hotel on 237 South Broad Street in Phila., PA. Lisa DeLuca, the wedding specialist, was so helpful and gracious. Everyone was so warm and accommodating. The reception was absolutely gorgeous, from the table linens to the lighting to the setup of the room to the delicious food. The waiters and waitresses were also lovely. After the reception, we stayed in one of the luxurious suites. It exceeded my expectations. The rooms were huge, well decorated, and so clean. I am still getting compliments from people about how beautiful the reception was. Thanks to everyone at Doubletree!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Nana91982,
Congratulations! I am thrilled that the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City was part of your very special day!

I wil be sure to let Lisa and our event staff know that you had such a wonderful day and that you were very pleased with their service.

Congratulations & Best Wishes and we hope to see you again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Bill Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Greek first
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This hotel is right in the heart of the theater district, it's seconds from City Hall and accessible to walk just about anywhere. I visited all of the historic sites by walking from this hotel. It's about a 15 minute walk to Independence Hall & The Liberty Bell and in the other direction it's about a 15-20 minute walk to The Philadelphia Museum of Art, where the Rocky statue is. The Franklin Institute is also about 15 minutes away. You can see other great sites on the way and several boutiques and restaurants/bars. I would highly recommend this location and hotel if you're in town for sight seeing, especially if you plan on seeing a play.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Ollie12,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.
You've got our location down! We are just about a 15-20 min walk to just about everything and you do get to see so much along the way. In both directions you do get to see how Philadelphia has both new and old architecture. You a get to walk through some of residential areas too. Mostly, you get to see where you might be having dinner that night!
I hope when you come back to Philadelphia that you come back to visit us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Very clean hotel right in the center of everything. Spent one night for a getaway weekend, and throughouly enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2011
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear BigBillin,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I'm delighted that you had enjoyed your time away. We hope to see you again sometime in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the doubletree as a weekend getaway. Checking in was a breeze and the warm cookies are DELICIOUS. They upgraded our room to one with more space when they saw my two small boys which I think was a nice gesture. Our room was very clean and spacious and had an awesome view. My kids loved the hotel. I ordered room service for them and it was great and not expensive at all. Everyone at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. We will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Deg0131,
So wonderful that you and your family had such a great time and that we were able to get you in a room that was going to give you enough space for your stay. Sometimes it is those little things that can make such a difference in a stay. Thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City and we look forward to seeing you again.

New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed here on our way back to NYC from Lancaster/Dutch Wonderland. We stayed at the Doubletree Lancaster and loved it which is why we chose the Doubletree Philly. We arrived very late on a Sat night/Sunday morning (1 am). When I walked up to the check in desk no one was there. I stood around for about a minute or two and then one of the phones at the front desk started to ring. Only then did the woman on duty walk over to the check in desk. However instead of answering the phone and putting the person on hold, she proceeded to assist them in booking a reservation for a future date. I was livid. She did not even make eye contact with me or ask me to give her a minute. Then someone else called to switch rooms. It took at least 10 minutes for her to acknowledge me.

The room was very plain and average. It had a weird musky smell too. I would have asked for another room but I was too exhauseted and we had our 2 little girls with us.

I guess this is what you get at a big city hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
OfficeoftheGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear klf28,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City. I am saddened to learn of the unsatisfactory stay you had with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Front Desk Director, Housekeeping Director as well as our Director of Operations. We do strive for every guest to have a wonderful experience and I would like your stay with us to be an example of what is not a perfect stay.

Should you ever be in Philadelphia I would hope that you would give us another chance at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The photos of the "Queen Bed Corner Room with Sofabed" at the Hilton HHonors reservations web page for the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia Center City, could have been taken in our room. We usually prefer king beds, but the floorplan for this corner come is roomier, which is nice on a three night stay.
Since we are not gold level or higher on Hilton HHonors, we would have had to pay for internet access in our room, but the wi-fi was complimentary in the lobby and in the lobby level cafe.
Hotel staff members from the front desk to the bell men to the maintenance man to the chambermaids were all helpful, professional and welcoming. The woman in the gift shop was also very pleasant.
While the hotel's location is not very close to the historic area, you can take a subway ride from the nearby Walnut Locust stop on the Broad Street (orange) line to (change at City Hall stop) the Market Frankford (blue) line and down to 5th Street, near the Visitor Center. The hotel is however, on the touristic double-decker bus route.
The parking garage comes in handy for those not just flying into Philadelphia and taking a taxi to the hotel. Neither garage elevator was working when we arrived, but at least one was working when we were leaving three days later.
We would DEFINITELY stay here on our next trip to Philadelphia!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room had a wonderful view. By the look of how the hotel is design I would say many of the rooms have great views of the city. The front desk people were helpful. I did have a toliet issue which was immediately fixed when I called. I enjoyed the location. I could walk to many things and it is close to tons of things. Since I was pretty busy and doing a lot of walking I did not use the work out room. I did see it and it seemed fine. The only problem I had was that there was only one computer in the business center to use and it was always busy. I did not bring my laptop so this was a problem for me from time to time. This trip was a carry on luggage trip. I was at the hotel for four nights.

Room Tip: I had read a review on this hotel so I asked for a room not near the elevator since someone had ment...