“Hampton Inn PHL Better for Men than for Women” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8600 Bartram Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #28 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Ithaca, New York
“Hampton Inn PHL Better for Men than for Women”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The rooms were clean, and the breakfast was adequate and plentiful (though it would have been nice to have a sausage or ham or bacon choice instead of a giant tub of sausage gravy). The breakfast room is small and crowded, and there's no place to put your purse unless you get there early enough to snag a wall seat. The shuttle wait on arrival and after a phone call to the hotel took about a half hour. The return shuttle in the am was right on time. The chief attraction of this hotel is that it is near Ruby Tuesdays, but the walk over to it and through a gate on the dark non-entrance side of the restaurant is unlighted. The shower head is up near the ceiling and has no handheld option. In all, the PHL Hampton Inn seems to be geared for the male business traveler not for women or families. My trip in and out of PHL was mid-week.

Room Tip: On a busy weekday, highest floor can be slow to get to and return from on the elevators, a very smal...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Check-in was of average speed and fairly friendly (for Philly!) The rooms are typical Hampton, comfortable but not fancy. HVAC was of average to above average in noise but not bad. TV is HDTV with HD on most channels. There is a Ruby Tuesday nearby for dinner. Breakfast is OK but not the best i've had at a Hampton. There is a shuttle that will take you to the airport or taxis can be used for about $13 if you don't want to wait in the cold for the shuttle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Visited my boyfriends family for Thanksgiving. Location was great, it's safe, clean, and not alot of traffic. Rooms were very clean, breakfast was good and all the staff was very nice. I liked the workout machines, the hotel supplies clean, new earphones so that each guest can plug into the tv's on the machine and workout. They also have complimentary shuttle to the airport, the shuttle driver is very nice as well. As crazy as holiday travel is, our visit at the hotel felt easy. When we go back to visit I will definately stay there again. Thank you to all the Hampton Inn's staff for make my holiday weekend great! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Milroy, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great customer service! Service to the airport and long term parking was very economical and convenient. The shuttle service to and from the airport was very efficient. Thank you for your great service!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RaeganK, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton Inn at the Philadelphia airport for your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recognizing us and our staff and there service. We look forward to seeing you when you are back in the area.
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here for business for 2 nights. It works for a stay during business or if you have an early flight from PHL

Breakfast was OK, what you get in today's hotels when it's included. Service was friendly. I did have a problem with my room lock. On check in I went to the room and key didn't work, went down and got key redone. Back at the room it still didn't work so down I go to the front desk. Told them I thought it was the battery. They sent me back up with maint man. He could not open with the electronic key so he used the "real" key. OK now in the morning same problem and the sent maint man up with an electronic key - didn't work so he had to go down and get the "real" key. VERY frustrating! End of day my key worked.

Staff stayed friendly and helpful through my trails but wish they had solved problem earlier.

Bed comfortable and room was clean, had dinner at Ruby Tuesday next door.

Room Tip: Wawa just down from hotel has Great coffee!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport to stay when you were in the area. I apologize about your room key. We were in the process of updating our locks to assure all of our guest’s safety and unfortunately your lock was one of the later ones to be replaced. I an sure it was a terrible inconvenience for you to keep having to go back and for the to the desk but I am glad that the desk was able to help you through this process. I hope when you return to the airport you will come back and visit us.
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is a convenient place to spend a quick night, but without amenities to make a longer stay more pleasant. The rooms don't have fridge or microwave. I went looking for a vending machine for something to drink - I was on the 2nd floor, and found a half-empty snack machine, but no soft drinks. So I took the elevator down to the first floor and was told the soda machines start on the 3rd floor. I went up to the 3rd floor and found a machine with a very limited selection, but it wouldn't take my dollars. Up to the 4th floor - same thing, wouldn't take my dollars. Went to the 6th floor, same type of machine with limited offering, but it took my dollars. A half hour out of my life to find a soft drink (of a beverage I don't even like) was a bit ridiculous. Then at breakfast the next morning I found the western omelettes completely gone. I got a juice and some bacon and sat and waited for the usual Hampton Inn ever-present kitchen staff to bring in a fresh supply of omelettes -- but in spite of seeing several staff members wandering around and chatting with each other, nobody filled the eggs. I left the building feeling like things could certainly be improved at this property. On the plus side, the young man who checked me in the night before was awesome - friendly and efficient, and I liked the docking station on the nightstand to plug my laptop into - hadn't seen that before and think they all should do it! Also, there is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant in the adjacent lot so getting dinner was convenient. I think I'll try other hotels the next time I'm in the area, though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RaeganK, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn during your business trip to Philadelphia. It is our hotel standard to give every guest a bottle of water upon check in. I am sorry that you were not offered a second one when you called to ask for the vending machines. We at Hampton pride ourselves on our breakfast and while sometimes we are not aware how quickly we go through food we should always have a back up ready to go. Thank you so much for your incite and we hope you give us another chance.
Long Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have stayed here before and its good for an overnight. Rooms are clean. One of the best things about this hotel is that it has a docking station on the nightstand and you don't have to crawl around the floor looking for an outlet. The staff was very accommodating and I was able to check in early. The buffet breakfast is ok. The only thing that I didn't like was the hallway on the fourth floor stunk like cigarettes. The probably need to replace the carpeting to get rid of the smell.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport for your stay. I am sorry to hear about the cigarette odor on your floor. As much as we try to enforce the rules of being a smoke free hotel you will always have one or two guests who do not follow the rules and smoke in there rooms. We do have procedures in place to help with the smell however sometimes it doesn’t remove all the odors. On the positive side I am glad that you enjoyed our staff. We take great pride in making sure that the guests needs are first and foremost. We hope to see you again when you return to Philly.

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport? Share your experiences!