“Great hotel, great staff, great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great hotel, great staff, great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The hotel’s presentation was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The gym was big enough for one or two people but just right for that amount. Breakfast was delicious, as I filled up my plate and ate it in bed with the tray they provided. There was also a wide variety of food to choose from. The only recommendation I will make is if you’re going to Philadelphia for the night life, this hotel can be somewhat of an inconvenience as it located out of the downtown. Other than that it was a great hotel with a great staff contributing to my great stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here on business the night before a flight. Airport is located nearby, but far enough away that overhead plane noise was not a problem. The hotel was clean and the room was nice. Staff was very friendly to me, as well. Parking lot is gated and seemed quite secure. Also, there's a restaurant right next door if a dinner is needed. Didn't really explore the surrounding area, but would definitely consider staying here again if I need a hotel by the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Pick up from the airport was in a timely manner. Driver was very nice. Reception staff was friendly and our room was clean and up to date. They clean not only the sheets before each guest arrives, but the duvets as well. Breakfast was a nice selection of both hot and cold food. Having the coffee/hot chocolate in the lobby 24/7 is a nice touch. I had to wait in the lobby for a couple of hours for my husband as he went to pick up a restored car that we had ordered and the lady in the reception area asked if I wanted a snack. :) Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012
Rehoboth Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The shuttle service jsut keeps getting worse. Hotel is undergoing renovations and looks great. Love the Hampton Inns and this was is friendly, safe and great location. On the other hand - the shuttle runs 5 min and 35 min past the hour. Our driver - needed a bath and haircut, left the van inside dirty not only his fast food meail but wrappers all over the floor. No hello in the morning - airline and that was all he said. Did not wear his seatbelt - just a mess all around. Now the driver who picked us up-- called and was told a few minutes - 30 minutes later - the usual how was your flight - van is dirty and he was just finishing his meal from McDonalds - no wonder we waited - he made a pit stop. Was not real thrilled standing on the cold. This is a regular occurance with the drivers at this hotel.

Room Tip: You will hear the planes no matter which side of the hotel you are on.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RaeganK, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton inn at the Philadelphia airport for your stay. I am sorry that you had encountered challenges with our shuttle drivers; our scheduled time for departing the hotel is every 5 and 35 after the hour. This way we are able to accommodate all of our guests needs for catching there scheduled flights. I also apologize for your delay in pick up where we try and have our pick ups in a timely manor sometimes the call for a pick up comes in as soon as the shuttle leaves the airport then he has to come back to the hotel drop off guests and return for the next pick up. I am however surprised to hear the van driver was not wearing his seat belt not only is it our policy it is also the law in Pennsylvania. The drivers are also not allowed to use the van for personal use under any circumstance and this is a policy that we strictly enforced with the gps system that tracks where they are at all times. While I am not disputing that the driver had food with him I can assure you that he did not stop on his way to get you. Where we pride ourselves on service sometimes with a shuttle there can be kinks I appreciate you bearing with us while we work them out.
Millerstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Hampton on October 20/21, 2012 as we were flying out of Philly on the 21st for a 15 day cruise. We love the Hampton and have never found the rooms or staff to be in any way deficient. Rooms are great and staff outstanding.
Only upsetting thing - upon returning, we attempted to contact the hotel for the shuttle back to pick up our vehicle. Call 1 - answered, asked if I could be put on hold (done before I could answer), cut off - Call 2 - answered again, same thing, I said no, I've been put on hold and lost. Person said, I'me having a bad day..seriously. Calls 3, 4, 5 - rang up to 25 times and no answer. Finally, a young man answered and we were picked up by your great driver - this was November 7 at about 6:30 to 7:30 pm. (don't have exact time was irritated by this time).
I would still stay here...would like to have the young lady answering calls to be talked to.

Room Tip: service only has to do with the shuttle return on November 7th.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan Capistrano, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Let's start with the good first. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were dated but clean and comfortable.

The bad. I was traveling in the area and booked a room last minute for the same night. I choose the pay in advance option as it was a significant savings (booked through Hampton's website). When i arrived they told me I had booked the wrong night and needed to charge me a significantly higher rate. When I showed the front desk clerk my confirmation number and confirmation email detailing the correct dates and that i paid in advance he realized the error but there was nothing he could do without calling a central 800 number. I proceeded to wait in the lobby for an extended period of time as they tried to figure out what to do. After a long wait, the only option they offered me was to rebook me at the higher rate. Total bate and switch. Very disappointing as I have stayed at Hampton Inn in various locations and always have had the best experiences. This experience takes Hampton off the list until they fix this situation. I have referred the issue to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RaeganK, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I apologize for the miscommunication and inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip and I appreciate your understanding as we experienced a nonstandard situation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures so we might handle the situation more efficiently should it come up in the future. Again I apologize for the mistake made on our end and assure you it was not made with malicious intent. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your experience and I do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel again to experience our true Hamptonality.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here before an early flight and we would stay here again. The front desk staff was so very nice, both at arrival, departure, and when we came back to get the car. They answered all our questions and even offered us water and a snack when they heard the kids say they were hungry when we were just picking up the car. The rooms are very clean and quiet and they include a nice, but simple breakfast buffet. There is a restaurant next door and they keep it well lit at night to walk over to it. They offer long term parking across the street which is not big deal because it is a small road to cross. The shuttle to the airport is very efficient but of course coming back it was not the best. It took 2 calls to the hotel and 45 minutes (after a delay ridden 9 hour flight)to get the shuttle -that is my only complaint, especially since the man assured me on the first call, that the shuttle was at the airport and would be there in 5-10 minutes. Overall a great way to start a trip and the front desk staff on the return made up for the anxiety provoking wait for the return shuttle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport? Share your experiences!