“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Stafford, Virginia
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend of the 15th. The family (me, husband, son) were in town for the Philly Rock 'n' Roll half marathon. We checked in Saturday afternoon and checked out Sunday morning on our way to the race.

The woman at the counter was very nice and got us checked in quickly. The lobby was undergoing a remodel. It looks like it will be beautiful when completed. The few times we walked through the lobby, the remodeling never got in the way. We never had to walk over construction materials, etc. They were upgrading the satellite TV as well. Someone dropped by our room early in the evening to check it, and then someone else followed up later.

The rooms were clean. We had a room with two double beds. The bathroom was spacious enough that you could change in it without hitting any of the walls.

The only minor complaint I had was that they had a vacuum on in the hall around 9:30PM. Not sure what the reason was. The walls are a little thin, so we could hear the room next to us blasting their TV. I don't blame the hotel for that, just something to be aware of.

Check out was easy. They had the receipt under our door when we woke up the following morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RaeganK, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Congratulations on your half marathon !!!!! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn to relax before your big day. We appreciate your understanding while we underwent our renovations. I hope the next time you are in Philly you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for six days with the first three being relatively problem free. On the fourth day I had some sort of bite on the back of my lower neck. I didn't think much of it, thought a mosquito got me outside, no big deal. That evening I noticed a little bug on my pants that were laying on the bed. I didn't know what it was.I never saw a bed bug before so I googled it and for sure it was a bed bug in it's adult stage.
Over the next two days I saw two more crawling on the wall beside the desk and killed them. One was full of blood and was most likely the one that bit me.
I removed all the bed sheets and went through everything thoroughly but didn't find any on the bed but they were in the room somewhere.
The hotel may be infested, maybe just the room I was in (on fifth floor), or maybe I killed the only three in the hotel. Either way it's a warning to anyone considering this hotel.
Other than the bed bugs the hotel, although currently undergoing some renovation, was nice and clean and the staff were friendly. But because of the bugs I can't recommend this hotel.

And although I intended to I didn't inform the staff when I checked out. I just wanted to get home and it slipped my mind. So maybe they will read this and exterminated the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Due to the bed bug outbreak this year we were extremely proactive in checking and advance treating of all our rooms so we would not have an issue with bed bugs. Thank you for bringing this to our attention we take this type of situation very seriously and don’t ever want to disappoint our guests . I hope that when you are back in Philly you try us again.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very convenient to the airport; however, remodeling was taking place during my stay. As a result of the remodeling, the water in the shower initially flowed dirty and almost black but cleared to normal after running a long time. The continental breakfast would have been better if it had taken place in its original setting; breakfast was located in a meeting room due to the remodeling. It seems that some of the hot items were missing. Despite the remodeling, my room was nice and clean, and served the purpose that it was required for.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel until the remodeling is finished.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I use this hotel when in Philadelphia on business. Shuttle service is efficient. Rooms were large and clean. Breakfast is above average for a hotel. Front desk staff very helpful. Ruby Tuesday's is about 30 steps away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Paid 200 plus for a single room that had ? Greasy feeling floors, dried vomit in bathroom wall and bug crawling in tub area. Will never ever stay or recommend.
Hope I'm never that desperate again!!!
There was a man in the lobby who was rather questionable looking in the morning .Asking if I was going to the airport rather rudely. Turned out to be the hotel shuttle driver, he should have explained.I just thought he was looking for a ride!

• Stayed July 2012
Woodstock Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Close to the airport, great prices, return of the rental car close by, WaWa right down the street, Ruby Tuesdays next door, it's the total package for a one night stay. The staff was over the top!!! Let us check in early, check out late (late flight). Great directions. They were doing some rehab, which is encouraged at any hotel otherwise you get people complaining about the hotel being "dated". Workers only worked during "normal" hours and were very clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years and the facility and service normally meets what would expect of a Hampton Inn.... It normally provides a good alternative to staying in Center City Philadelphia, because there's a SEPTA station (Eastwick) within a short walk of the hotel....

However, it currently is undergoing renovation which means an extra ordinary amount of dust noise in certain areas and when I stayed there in late Aug. 2012 breakfast is served has been moved to a conference room which can get very crowded at times.

In addition, the Eastwich Septa station will be undergoing major repairs and will be closed for a period of time.

My recommendation is to call the hotel and get a status update on both of these issues before making a reservation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport? Share your experiences!