“Conveniently located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Marriott Downtown

You added Philadelphia Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Campinas, SP
“Conveniently located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was there for 1 night with my family and we enjoyed it a lot! It's a few blocks from the main attractions in the city centre, and you can easily find many restaurants within walking range. The room is spacious, clean and quiet. The bathroom is amazingly large, with a nice modern bathtub, a fabulous shower and toilet in separate spaces.

Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Polish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stay here once a year for the US Lacrosse Convention . . . convenient to the convention center, connected to it via a sky bridge. Great staff. A couple of knocks . . . first, the Concierge lounge closes at 12 on Fridays . . . most other Marriott's are open that day, at least for drinks and such. Also, the hotel could use an update . . . other than the Circle Bar and 13, the place has not changed in the 6 years or so I have been staying there!

Don't miss Dinic's in Reading Terminal Market for a great sandwich at lunch!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Location, location, location... You know what to expect with a Marriott, and this hotel delivers. Everyone was nice, the bell men were helpful in pointing us in the right directions. Loved the Starbucks in the lobby. Nice large bar & lounge. The rooms were spacious and clean. We had clean linens, hot water and good pressure. Loved having Reading Terminal across the street!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This property is located right in the center of activity in Philly. You can take the train to Suburban Station and go right upstairs to the hotel. The property is in walking distance to theaters, museums, restaurants and public transportation. The concierge desk is very helpful and the staff knowledgeable and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I booked a room here on New Year's Eve because we had a wedding to attend in the city. My husband had to work downtown the following morning (law enforcement officer) so we felt we should stay the night so he could be at work by 7 a.m. We returned to our room after the wedding around 11:30 and went to bed shortly after midnight. About 15 minutes later, it seems that a partier pulled an alarm because we had a continuous loop of a warning telling us to stay put until the issue could be invevstigated. Very loud and this went on for about 10 minutes. After that, I finally fell asleep at about 1:30 and was promptly awoken by numerous roving groups of NYE partiers. I cannot believe how rowdy and loud our hallway was. I saw a security guard in the hall at one point (went to get a bottle of water since I couldn't sleep) and asked if the problems were over. He said he thought so. Well, no such luck because this continued on until after 4:30 in the morning. I had a group of about 6 people sitting in the hall outside of the room next to ours drinking and being extremely loud and obnoxious. I called security, and the noise finally ended around 5:00 a.m. While I appreciated the handwritten note we received in the morning from the front desk, all they offered us for a completely sleepless night was a free cup of coffee. I called Marriott the next day to complain (called on January 2nd) and still have not heard anything from them. I understand the NYE is a night of celebrating, but this hotel had zero control over the guests. I was obviously exhausted the next day, as was my husband who had to work all day on New Years Day. If you need to sleep, don't stay here on a night like NYE.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms with an ample supply of bath linens are so appreciated when arriving late in the evening after battling the I-95 corridor traffic. The service was prompt and friendly and there was nothing I was left in want of. After all, this is what I expect from Marriott and why I'm a loyal customer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Midland, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was at this location for a week on a business trip that I spent very little time in my room and definitely needed my sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is absolutely stunning, good location (close to everything), and service is fantastic. Great bars and restaurants located in the hotel, also having the Starbucks inside is a huge plus! Definitely plan to stay here in the future!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Philadelphia Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!