“Pay for the location and facilties” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Marriott Downtown

You added Philadelphia Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Kozhikode
“Pay for the location and facilties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Compared to other marriot hotels (marriot suites and residence inn) this one has smaller rooms and lesser facilities and heavy room rates.
But you need to pay for a location like that. Right in the middle and everything just around you. The rooms are small but comfortable. You need to be a platinum member to get access to concierge lounge and free internet. I enjoyed my stay, lounge and other facilities. Expected great view from top but it was not.

Room Tip: Higher the floor, better view I assume
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Polish first
Draper, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Location is Great. Beautiful. Rooms are slightly on the smaller side. Comfy beds, bathrooms are nice (great water pressure). Lots of historic stuff around. The hotel staff was cool and the banquets staff was very helpful (we had a work meeting thing). GREAT Gym. Lap pool. No sauna tho...

Room Tip: Philly is Sketchy at night. I spent the week before walking many many blocks in Downtown NYC and ne...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Barbara F, Executive Guest Experience Liaison at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so very much for your positive review. We appreciate your taking the time to post your comments and were pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future!
Brandywine, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

December 6-8 I stayed. Let me start off by saying that booking your trip via third party is not the way to go. Priceline is GARBAGE, but this is not the venue for this. Arrived at the hotel and I was a little nervous based on the mixed reviews I have read on line so this scared me. I tried to request options for the room before we arrived but that could not happen for I booked it though PRICELINE. The front desk person accommodated my request which I ask for corner room, 2 beds, and most important, I wanted to be in the renovated side of the hotel. All my request was giving stayed in 2370 top floor with great view.

The hotel was in a great location.... can’t say enough about that. I had 2 kids with me so the pool was a must. Salt water pool nice just a bit cold and the rubber lining needs to be redone. Additionally the main restaurant was a nice place for a night cap (meet Carl Lewis there) for me while wife and kids were sleeping but not a price friendly for family breakfast or Dinner. Reading terminal has a couple of good spots for breakfast and Margiano's is right across the street. All in All this was a wonderful spot to stay no complaint here and I have stayed at many hotels. Definitely were I was located was a FOUR star hotel. BTW German festival was two blocks away …. LOCATION.. LOCATION

Room Tip: ask for corner room, 2 beds, and most important, I wanted to be in the renovated side of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
NEW JERSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We took our nine year old son to Philadelphia to view all the Holiday Light displays!! We were greatedly warmly at the fornt desk. My son requested a high floor and we were given the highest floor with the best view of Philadelphia I have ever seen!! What a nice place. e have now stayed at all the downtown Marriott locations, Courtyard, Residence Inn and Now Marriott. We le them all but hands down the service here makes it the best. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I spent 5 nights at this hotel during a recent business trip. The hotel is a short $28 cab ride from the international airport. The hotel is located on Market Street, just down from the City Hall and across the road from a large Maceys store. There are also a large assortment of restaurants and bars close by - with a range of prices and quality. You should be able to find what you want close by. On nearby Walnut Street (go down Broad Street with your back to the town hall, turn right onto Walnut Street) you will also find a collection of designer clothes stores - a great place to shop. This is all within close walking distance from the hotel - so the hotel has a great location.

The hotel itself has a good lobby with a Starbucks. You also have access to free-wifi in the lobby which is easy to get onto and reasonably fast. There are two bars and a restaurant in the lobby. I didn't use the restaurant in the hotel but the food looked like pretty ordinary fare. My room was on the 15th floor (1509), it had a view of the lower roof and the neighbouring wing of the hotel - so not very inspiring! The room itself was large and comfortable with a good firm bed. The room also has a large screen TV and lots of power sockets.

However, the decor, particularly the bathroom was dated, with the water pressure in the shower being pretty poor. The room also did not have a bar fridge which was a bit of a pain. You have to pay for room wi-fi which is a real pain - I think it was $12 for the slow service, there is a quicker option, but it was more expensive. The hotel lifts (elevators) are really slow, even though there are 5 of them in the lobby I seemed to spend ages waiting around for a lift.

All the hotel staff that I interacted with were very friendly. When I came to check out, I requested a late check out. The guy at the desk asked me what time would I like - I said 18:00 and he said no problems. I really appreciated the extra long stay.

Would I stay here again, I think so, the location is great and the hotel, while nothing special is clean, comfortable and has great staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate the feedback both positive and negative. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you described in your review. Your comments have been shared with the leadership team for review and follow up. We are currenly in the process of placing refrigeratiors in all guest rooms and anticipate completion early next year. Thank you again for your time and consideration and we hope to see you again soon!
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have stayed in many Marriott's in my time and I've never had an issue. This has been by far the worst Marriott I've ever stayed at. While it is in a convenient location and has all the amenities a business traveler could need, the staff was lacking to say the least. The front desk was not every accommodating, I sat for more than 10 minutes waiting for water to be brought to me at the 13 restaurant (and it was not busy and I was by myself), I was given the wrong order and the waiter never checked in on me after finally bringing me water and my lunch. My room was ok, the beds were uncomfortable which is surprising considering Marriott beds are usually great. To top off a bad week I received my bill and was charged for internet when I didn't use it. The front desk did correct it, however, she added on internet charge to a day when I wasn't even checked into the hotel. I called up and they corrected, it, however, I would not recommend this particular Marriott to anyone I know traveling to Philadelphia.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I am extremely disappointed to read about your experience with us and apologize for the level of service you recieved during your stay and after departing. Rest assured that your experience was the exception to our usual high standards and your comments have been shared with the appropriate staff members so that corrective actions can be taken immediately. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments. Please contact me at your convenience at (215) 625-6030. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a super hotel with all that the traveller and business person require. Rooms are lovely with tasteful decor and top level of cleanliness. Located in the perfect. Place for sightseeing and vast array of business facilities. Highly recommended to have meals here although close to many good resteraunts and bars. Would stay again when next in Philadelphia .

Room Tip: Not a problem from my experience
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Philadelphia Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!