I attended a Conference the past few days and stayed at this Marriott. I've been a big Marriott fan for years and this one was a great disappointment.
A few things:
1) Wifi is only free in the lobby and it is so slow, you are better off going into the attached Starbucks and use their service. The room charge for Wifi is almost $20 a day.
2) Valet Parking is $48.00 a day, but their are public garages across the street for half the price.
3) Marriott is usually known for their soft beds, this hotel recently changed their mattresses. My mattress was so hard that I had to take 2 Tylenol to sleep through the night. The next day housekeeping placed additional mattress pads on the bed. It helped but it still did not provide the comfort I associate with a Marriott.
4) We paid $28 for two glasses of White Zinfandel, their is a Liquor store across the street:)
The past thing about this Marriott is its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and 8 blocks from Independence Hall, this Center City Philadelphia hotel is ideally located near dining, shopping, business, & cultural attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Low Cost Holidays, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Philadelphia Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Philadelphia