“Nice, Great Location, Fantastic Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Marriott Downtown

You added Philadelphia Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Laguna Hills, CA
“Nice, Great Location, Fantastic Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've stayed here three times in 2013 and feel compelled to give it a great review. It is a great locations within walking distance of great sights and good restaurants. It is nice, clean and a great value considering its location. I've stayed here on business and find the attached Starbucks and Kinkos very convenient too. The concierge lounge on the top floor for Elite members is really nice too. I won't stay anywhere else when in Philly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Polish first
Skaneateles, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Downtown Philadelphia Marriott is a great place to stay! Location can't be beat. My daughter and I stay here each year as a get-away for the Philadelphia Flower Show. We ride in on the commuter train, go up an escalator flight, walk into the hotel lobby and in less than 5 minutes we are checked in. The hotel is also adjacent to the convention center and across the street from Reading Terminal's Food Court. The hotel staff is courteous, efficient and welcoming. The rooms are quiet, large and well appointed. I only wish Marriott would provide better, large plush towels. They are on the skimpy side. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We always stay in a concierge room which are located on the top three floors. They are larger rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Milford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently stayed for 1 night at the Philadelphia Marriott while attending an event at the convention center. Upon arrival, Valet parking lot was full( multiple events happening at the convention center) so they directed me right across the street to a parking garage which had plenty of parking. Very convenient. I typically stay at Starwood Hotels(Sheraton,Westin,etc) but my family was staying at the Marriott so I decided to get a room in the same hotel for convenience. I am personally a big fan of Starwood hotels but the Marriott did not disappoint. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! Hallways are slightly dated, but open up to very nice, spacious, clean rooms. My only complaint would be that my room was near the elevators and they ran all night. The hotel has a skywalk to the convention center so it is perfect if you are attending an event. My niece enjoyed the indoor heated pool. though the room was a sweatbox if you weren't swimming. Location is not the best if you are looking for some of the Philadelphia charm, but a clean, safe area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while attending the International Flower Show at the convention center. The location was excellent, Directly across from Reading Terminal Market and connected to the convention center. However, I was extremely surprised when I had to pay $12.95 for 24 hours of Internet access. They also overcharged me for parking and it took awhile to get that figured out. Overall, the hotel was very nice and I would recommend it if going to the convention center. Also very close to Chinatown.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reading, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed there for a conference so I used the valet service parking garage. I went to the window at 3:55pm and she told me five to ten minutes. After 30 min I mentioned I did not have my car to the gentlemen in charge. He told me to be patient and asked for my ticket # four times. Got my car after an hour. Thank god I did not have to catch a flight.

• Stayed March 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott downtown for two nights (March 2013). Even though a huge facility, I found my stay very comfortable and satisfactory. The hotel is very well located at the heart of Philadelphia with great access both to downtown and to the old city. Very nice gym and indoor swimming pool with flexible hours (the gym is operating 24/7 and the pool from early morning till late at night). The rooms are large in size and comfortable. Great for business travelers (direct access to Starbucks from the lobby). Just across the street from Reading Terminal Market so you are well covered with meals (opens daily 8am - 6pm, Sunday 9am - 5pm). As I paid around $100 per night (before tax), I believe its a great value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Love the location across from the subway station which made getting to University of Penn and tourist spots quite easy. Enjoyed the huge lounge in the center of the lobby in early evening. Great service from waitress there. Wait staff was quick and responsive at very overpriced restaurant "13" at lunch. Minestrone soup was terrific. Veggie burger was ok. Problems arose when concierge gave me the wrong bus to take to my destination! Then at night we waited nearly 45 minutes for someone to bring a food service menu to our room. That was just to get the menu. Soda machine on 16th floor would not accept bills. Soda machine on 16th floor was sold out. Our stay started weel but ended with some frustrations.

• Stayed March 2013