My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Downtown for the annual Army-Navy Game. We traveled as a couple, but had family and friends meet us at the hotel where we all enjoyed spending time. I didn't realize beforehand that the hotel was hosting the annual ball and was the main headquarters for the Army. Because that was the point of our trip, it was a unexpected and good surprise to find ourselves in the middle of the festivities.
In general for a trip to Philly, I would recommend the Downtown Marriott because of it's easy access to public transportation. We took the train directly from the airport, which dropped us a block away from the hotel, and it was possible to walk under cover directly to the hotel. Outside the main doors on Market Street is a stop for buses and the subway, and the historical district is a very short trip by transportation or 15 minute walk. Philly has it done right, with all the sports arenas in one area, which again, is just a straight subway trip to the end of the line from the station near City Hall.
The hotel itself was in good shape; the staff was attentive and interested. Of course the game weekend creates a holiday atmosphere and puts everyone in a good mood and on high alert so service was excellent. Looking at it as a reviewer, I do have to admit the room needed a dusting, but everything else was in order. I also liked the room safe. Noise wasn't an issue despite the party scene downstairs in the main lobby.
FYI: we walked quite a bit around the area looking for a few little places for breakfast and discovered the best breakfast (although not the cheapest) right at the hotel restaurant.
We also got great service from the concierge the evening of arrival, who advised us on a good restaurant for our group of varied ages, some of whom had already eaten dinner and wanted dessert, and others who were ready for a full course meal.
- Also Known As:
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and 8 blocks from Independence Hall, this Center City Philadelphia hotel is ideally located near dining, shopping, business, & cultural attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Philadelphia Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.