“one of the nicest in downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Marriott Downtown

You added Philadelphia Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reading, Pennsylvania
“one of the nicest in downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is connected to the PA Convention Center and Market east Septa Station as well as the Gallery Mall. Marriott for some reason has the most comfortable bed of any hotel. the lounge is nice as big. The staff were friendly and if your lucky you can a room looking out at Billy Penn on city hall. Close to major historical locations and not to far from museums. make sure to visit the reading terminal market for some good food

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Marriott Hotels come in many versions. This one is very standard: service, room decor (brown), restaurant, etc. Everything is fine, but it lacks magic - the extra smile, the extra assistance at the desk... Practical for business when at the convention center and central location. For vacation I would recommend something a bit more charming.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The location of this hotel was great! Rooms were clean and up to satisfaction. However, it seemed like the staff was unknowledgable about the area. I came with a bunch of girl friends for an overnight and when we got there at like 8pm the concierge had already gone home and the front desk staff didn't really know of places to recommend for dinner, bars, etc. They were very friendly and offered to look stuff up but I would have expected slightly more from such a large hotel in the heart of Philadelphia. We had a great time though and overall enjoyed our experienced. On a side note, I am not sure if it was because I had just been without power, hear and hot water for a week during hurricane sandy but the beds were extremely comfortable!!! Good for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

The line at Valet was pretty rough it took us a half hour and when we finally got to the door, the valet kinda yelled at my wife to keep moving forward past the door. Check in moved fast and efficiently. Paint was peeling on the ceiling in our room and the TV didn't work..at all. Someone else in our party had the same issue.
So overall the hotel was less than inspiring.
On a plus side most of the staff was nice and accommodating.
On a real plus side, the lobby bar is fun and lively and breakfast was great. Our waitress was awesome and said she remembered me from a stay last year. Really nice.

Lots of great places to stay in Philly, I'm sorry but the Marriott downtown is down the list.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location. Attentive staff. Clean rooms. Ideal for the business traveler. We had a nice room on the 22nd floor. Despite the high number of guests in the hotel that weekend, check-in and check-out were efficient. I've stayed at the Loews in downtown Philadelphia before and it's nice, but I would happily return here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hauppauge, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Considering the area this hotel is in, with so many hotels surrounding it I was very disappointed with my stay. The only positive was the woman we met in the concierge, Lisa, who helped us plan our stay. We left my car at the valet overnight for $38. Our room was very generic without much to rave about. The paint on the ceiling of the bathroom was peeling. My boyfriend and I went to the restaurant in the hotel for dinner for a burger and some bbq chicken. We each had a glass of wine and the bill was $86. The food was sub par and the only reason we ate there was because we were exhausted from driving and were going to have an early morning. I would not waste my money on their food. In the morning my boyfriend had some eggs and OJ at the restaurant which were over $20. I ordered room service. After 45 min of waiting I called again and they said they never got my order. They took my order once again and said it would not take another 45 minutes. After waiting for 40 minutes my breakfast came, which was choc chip pancakes and OJ. The bill was $23. The pancakes had bananas in them, which I did not order and happen to be allergic to. At this point I was starving and picked them out. I left a note for room service explaining my dissatisfaction. When I checked out Lisa was at the concierge at gave me a very easy checkout. I left my luggage with the bell hop and walked around the city for a few hours. When we called for my car they said it would be 5-10 minutes. After 10 minutes we went outside to see where the valet people were. It was less than 20 degrees outside as we waited for our car. Another 15 minutes went by without anyone asking if we needed help. We went up to the valet and they said our car was coming. I waited inside for another 15 minutes until I went outside to see where my car was. The valet said he had it, but it wasn't my car. 2 minutes later they pulled up with the right car and were very apologetic. I would never stay here again. We were never offered compensation for our issues and hotels in Philly are a dime a dozen.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Berkeley Lake, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business but would not ever stay here again. The location was perfect and the staff nice but my room had mold on the wall near the bed and smelled bad. Other than that the room was nice. I am sending the photo to Marrriott.

Room Tip: Ask for mold free