This will be updated post-stay but had to comment on my experience so far.
I called to confirm a reservation I "won" through Priceline. Here's why: 1. There were discrepancies between the Priceline receipt and the hotel reservation online including the fact that the credit card on the hotel reservation was not even mine. That concerns me. Hope no one else is paying for my room. I do the right thing and call and the hotel staff can do nothing about it, Priceline says not to worry.
2. Priceline asks that you call the hotel to ask about rooms. Reservation says for a king or two doubles. I ask the hotel staff if I can request a double since I am traveling with my child. She again can't possibly put a note in the system about it. I ask her what would happen if I showed up? Would I get a double or a king. She doesn't answer but says she can't do anything about it. What kind of answer is that? Priceline faxes a request for a double. Who knows what we will end up with in the end.
Doesn't anyone care about helping the customer have a good experience? Marriott, you are such a reputable company and I have stayed at this hotel in the past. I hope my visit will prove better than this initial experience. Stay tuned...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and 8 blocks from Independence Hall, this Center City Philadelphia hotel is ideally located near dining, shopping, business, & cultural attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Philadelphia Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Philadelphia