“Great first visit to Philly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

You added Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 N Juniper Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great first visit to Philly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here on my first trip to Philly. I was leery after reading some of the reviews, but I'm always one to trust my own judgement and I'm glad I did. I was greeted with great customer service, check in was easy and I got to choose my floor and room. The elevator ride was a bit creepy but I dig historical buildings. My room was THE BOMB..BOOM! It was a huge king room, mural on the wall,meticulously clean, just like I like it. I had all amenities and treats you could think of..oh a tub, yes! That mattress saw lots of action, it was so comfy. I stayed here before the renovations were completed so I need to come back and see what's changed. Superb location for me, ACROSS FROM TERMINAL MARKET= FAT FOODIE HEAVEN..I went insane. In the middle of downtown I was able to get everywhere. No complaints..I will be back

Room Tip: Ask for a room 8th floor or above, so quiet up there!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
David K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear RoSella O

Thank you very much for staying with us at Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown. We greatly appreciate it.
We're pleased that you enjoyed our excellent hotel and fabulous location in the heart of Center City. I find myself tempted by the variety of choices every day at Reading Terminal. I am pleased to let you know that we have now completed a complete renovation of all our guest rooms with a customized design package you will see in no other hotel. We hope that you will come back and stay with us soon to see for yourself!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Hebrew first
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I got a great deal on the room using Priceline. I called and requested a room with 2 beds (not guaranteed when you use Priceline) and they were happy to oblige. We arrived at 9 p.m. but had no trouble getting the 2-bedded room we needed. We got a room on the 4th floor, which was clean and comfortable.

The mattress was ok, but a little on the soft side for my preference. Each bed had 4 really nice feather pillows.

They do provide free internet (which was adequate, though you can upgrade to faster internet for $9/day). Breakfast and parking are not provided. I am too cheap to pay $50 for valet parking, so I used ParkWhiz to find a much cheaper spot nearby. We pre-reserved the Convention Center parking for $14 (for 12 hours, which was all we needed), which was very close and conveniently located (less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel) and felt very safe -- they have 24-hour security.

The room did have a mini-fridge which we used for snacks, drinks and breakfast.

I can't afford this hotel at retail, but I'd be happy to wind up here again should Priceline work out that way.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Vermont Purple

Thank you very much for staying with us at Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown. I'm pleased that you were able to find an opportunity to stay with us, and pleased that you enjoyed our facilities. For a hotel with an historic building, which has been completely modernized, along with our great location, we do believe that we offer an excellent value at all times. We hope that you will return and stay with us again soon.
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The room, location, and hospitality at this hotel is the best I've ever experienced in Philadelphia. The hotel is right in the circle around city hall. Walking distance from the Reading Terminal Market, the Philadelphia Convention Center, South Street, City Hall, even the art museum is only about 1.5 miles away. The wifi is free for all guests, which was a plus since most other hotels I've been to in this area charged $10/day for standard speed internet. The hotel offers a lounge restaurant, bar, indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, and ball room. Parking is valet only and is a little steep at $48/day but definitely worth the peace of mind and convenience. There is also a small convenience center next to the front desk with snacks, wine, aspirin, etc. Just in case you need anything in the late hours when room service is unavailable or the restaurant is closed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main entrance have an incredible view of center city/city hall.
Green Features: There is recycling available in each room as well as an option to reuse towels to save on water. The hotel will wash your towels every day if you so choose.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sarah E

Thank you very much for choosing Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown. We greatly appreciate your business, and your positive comments about our hotel. We have the good fortune to have an outstanding historic building nested in the hear of Center City, with easy access to all of the great things Philadelphia has to offer for dining, historical attractions, and shopping. We do appreciate your comments about the parking fees, as our hotel does not have a parking garage our valet parking company must rent spaces in nearby garages. We look forward to having you back with us soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently stayed a night. The hotel room was very spacious. The bed was comfortable and I felt like the room was underpriced. The only thing I would suggest is that make more spacious elevators. Besides that, everything was great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Xiomara C,

We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel, and what a great value we offer. We have the unique combination of an historic building, a complete modernizing of the building, and a total rooms renovation we recently completed. All that combined with our excellent location and competitive prices indeed makes our hotel a great value. We look forward to having you back again with us soon.
Danville, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Location, room, and staff all excellent. In the center of the city close to Reading Terminal market and walking distance to Independence Hall (about a mile) and to Museum of Art 1.5 miles. wear you're walking shoes, but you are also right across from the Septa Line at old City Hall. And speaking of City Hall, what a view! Asked ahead of time for a room and we were so fortunate to look upon the City Hall building with William Penn standing above the clock tower. It is part of the skyline and could see it all the way from the Stadium complex. Best Courtyard I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Request a room that offers a view of Old City Hall.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BobfinNH,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown during your recent visit to the area. We appreciate your comment that this is the best Courtyard you have ever stayed in. We have a very unique hotel, in that we are in an historic building from 1926 which was completely modernized in 1999 and completed renovation in 2014. As you mentioned, we also benefit from an outstanding location in the heart of the city, with easy access by walking and also public transportation for a small fee. We look forward to having you back with us soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My daughter and I walked the 2 blocks from the train station and were greeted by friendly bellstaff who directed us to the front desk. The kind gentleman at the desk addressed my 12yo child directly and asked if she would like a newly renovated room on the 12th floor of the hotel. He went on to explain to her the historic significance of the building. She was ecstatic. The room was terrific. The pool and jacuzzi overlooking the street were also a huge a treat for her. The staff were friendly and accommodating throughout our stay. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wesley J

Thank you very much for choosing Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our staff's friendly service during your recent stay. Like yourself, our guests frequently comment on our excellent location near Reading Terminal. We're pleased to hear that your daughter enjoyed and pool and jacuzzi with the great views. We look forward to your returning soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Just stayed at the hotel for five nights for an international conference. Loved the hotel: excellent service and a beautiful early 20th century architecture hotel: old Philadelphia. The service was excellent! My only concern was the swimming pool 3 feet in depth: do not quite get this. Other than the pool, we loved the hotel, the cafe/bar, Starbucks, and the care we were given. Certainly look forward to returning!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor with a quite view of the capitol building ... beautiful!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
David K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear whiteoakspring,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown during your recent trip to the area.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our outstanding location in the heart of Center City, with easy access to all the amenities and attractions Philadelphia has to offer. Our hotel is a unique property in Philadelphia, as we have the benefit of an historic building from 1926, combined with a complete modernization of the building, and a recent custom renovation. We look forward to your staying with us again soon.