“I would stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 N Juniper Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #21 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Englewood, Florida
“I would stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed for the Philly marathon. Excellent location. Staff was very attentive and the room was very clean. My daughter got sick while staying at the Courtyard and I bought a few items from their restaurant. I thought that was a little pricey.

Room Tip: Perfect location for the Philadelphia marathon. A block away from the convention center.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
maxine t, Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for the Philadelphia Marathon weekend and providing your feedback. Please visit us again soon.

1,017 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown on a work trip that got off to a rough start. Despite my job having booked only one night when I needed three, I was able to salvage my trip thanks to the staff at this hotel. They worked with me to book another hotel the first night I was there. Luckily, that hotel was right next door. They helped us direct traffic for business meetings. They found our bus routes and printed departure times and locations. They were friendly throughout our stay.

When we got home, we realized we'd left something there and the hotel staff once again helped however they could. Felicia helped us coordinate our FedEx pickup and Giovanna (sp?) called later that evening - several hours after Felicia's shift - to assure me my package had been picked up by FedEx.

The staff at this hotel was so kind to our party and I greatly appreciate everything they helped us with. Our trip hit one speed bump after another and they assisted us over each one. I will definitely stay at this hotel if I'm ever in the Philadelphia area again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our hotel staff and your kind mention of Felicia and Jovonna who assisted in making sure the package was picked up and shipped to you. We will be sure to recognize Felicia and Jovonna at our Associate Rally. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit soon.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Each staff member I worked with is awesome. First the front desk folks know the area restaurants very well and made great recommendations. Second the folks who sent extra blankets very quickly upon request. Third they recommended a cheaper parking friendly. Thirdly they mailed my sweater instantly (which I forgot to take). Fourthly, this great guy Dean sent my statement instantly (which I lost.). I am a very high maitenance traveller and they delivered quality and great experience. We'll stay there again and will recommend this facility to our friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments and special mention of Dean. We take great pride and are very fortunate to have a team of associates who truly strive to make our guests experience memorable. Please be assured that your positive feedback will be shared with all of our associates. We appreciate that you will return and thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends. We look forward to your return soon.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for a convention on early November. Beautiful, historic building. Great location-right by the convention center and across from the iconic City Hall.

the staff was wonderful and the room was very comfortable. Provided they get the broken ice maker fixed, that flooded into my room, I would stay there again. Not their fault, but not reactive enough.

Has a great restaurant in the hotel, but it VERY over priced.

Room Tip: The higher the better, lots of city noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JimGratton, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Good Evening Shengle

Thank you for conveying your recent experience at our hotel. I was pleased to to see your overall stay was positive and that the staff you encountered were wonderful. As beautiful as any property may be, the staff make the difference and it is gratifing to read your comments on them. That said, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the ice maker malfunctioning as I can imagine that was an unpleasent experience. We look forward to your return and appreciate your business.
Holland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a room block for my son's wedding Nov. 15th, 16th & 17th. Hotel was excellent. All the rooms that we had were good. Especially the one for the bride-to-be Friday nite, where the girls for the bridal party hung out & the attached king bed room for the bride & groom for Sat. nite. Hotel was good location to the venue, Ballroom at the Ben.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Congratulations on your son's wedding. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your guests' accommodations and allowing us to be a part of your son's very special day. We are glad to read that you find our rooms good and especially the room for the bridal party hung out. We do our best on a daily basis to make our guests' stay a memorable one and even more so for a such a special occasion. Thank you for your business and Congratulations again to the newly wed couple.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed in Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown while we were attending a conference at Philadelphia Convention Center. The hotel building was built since 1929 and very well-preserved. The room is clean and comfortable. The hotel is in walking distance to the convention center, Reading Terminal Market which has various kinds of food, Macy's, and other shopping arcade. The historical site is about 10-15 minutes walk. City Hall is across the street.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Good Evening Annie

Thank you for your comments and I was delighted to see you enjoyed your visit. I hope you found our location one block from the convention center convenient and that the conference was productive. We look forward to welcoming you back for another conference or a leisurely getaway in the near future.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

In the area to see some friends, we spent two nights at the Courtyard Philadephia Downtown; it was a very good choice.

The hotel is well-situated, immediately on the circle surrounding city hall. This makes it a convenient starting point, but also one surrounded in a swirl of city traffic. If you can get by without a car, you'll save $40/day. We walked everywhere we went: to the Reading Terminal Market (real close), dinner on Chestnut (close), the Mutter Museum (close enough) and South Street (close enough for my fit son).

The lobby is elegant and the rooms well appointed. Electric sockets near the bedside table make it convenient to recharge your smart-device. The flat screen TV was large but we never got around to using it. We had a nice view of City Hall, pretty day and night.

House keeping was effective and the room and bathroom were kept clean. The hardware in the bathroom was a little dated. The bed was comfortably firm, but the fluffy pillow uncomfortably soft. Still, the room was quiet and we all slept well.

All-in-all, a nice launching point for a Philadelphia experience. Next time, I'll try and ditch the care.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. It gives me great pleasure to read and share your wonderful feedback with all our staff. I'm happy to inform you that we are currently undergoing a complete rooms renovation including the bathrooms and the renovation will complete end of March. We hope you will return to visit us and experience our exciting and wonderful new rooms.

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown? Share your experiences!