“Family weekend - would come back in the same hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

You added Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 N Juniper Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Enjoy Great Summer Rates!
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Family weekend - would come back in the same hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The location is really good, in the heart of Philadelphia, especially near the Reading market, when we had breakfast twice, miam miam.
Staff is friendly even though we checked in at midnight. Room maid even got a nice bed set up with my daughters plush.
Room is clean, and the hotel is clean in general.
My kids love the pool and hot tub, but more chairs around the pool would be appreciated, also if there are lockers available that would be appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Hebrew first
Linden, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I had to transfer from the downtown Marriott to the courtyard, and honestly couldn't be happier. The courtyard is close to the convention center, within walking distance of some really awesome places to eat and drink. Plus, the beds are so comfortable!

• Stayed June 2013
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Overall my business stay was excellent. Breakfast and lunch were outstanding. Service staff were attentive, courteous, pleasant and quick. My double room was spacious and while very clean, was just a tad shabby (bed linens, peeling wallpaper; I'm pretty sure there was mold on the underside of the shower soap dish). Complete control of room temperature (and associated sound level) was well appreciated. Location right near the Reading Terminal Market is awesome! I have to comment that water splashing out of the vessel sinks in the common area women's rest rooms resulted in quite slippery floors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in March for business. I misplaced the receipt and called 3 monrths and 2 days later to request it. I was told by the front desk that she could not email a receipt, only fax. She transferred me to another department at that hotel who also told me it was not possible to provide me with a receipt. They gave me a 866 to number to call. I spent ten minutes on hold to be told that they "do not do Courtyard receipts, only Ritz, Marriott etc". She gave me another 800 number. When I called that number, I was told that they could not provide me with the receipt because the hotel does not keep receipts past 3 months (I'm 2 days past this mark). He explained that while they often have business people coming through their hotels, it's just not their policy to keep receipts past three months but that the Ritz keeps them on file for 18 months. Great, thanks. After being told no four times, I called the hotel back. I was transferred to the accounting department and Ms. Norman was kind enough to provide me with an emailed receipt in less than 5 minutes. The whole process took 30 minutes. Bottom line - do not expect customer service to be a walk in the park, unless you speak to the right person by chance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I waited to write this review to ensure my disappointment would not overshadow my thoughts. The location is good but the facility could be better (specifically the bedrooms). In a word, "old". It really needs to be upgraded/updated for the cost to stay there. The valet parking is awful, just downright terrible for $48 a day (that's $40+ tax). I briefly discussed my concerns, about how long it took for someone to park my vehicle and how long it took to retrieve it, with one of the hotel representatives, parking attendant, as well as the valet manager. What was surprising to me was everyone was aware of the parking issue but nothing appeared to be done about it. I was informed that parking was handled by a private company under contract so apparently their wasn't much they could do. The 100% of the parking fee is placed on the customer even if you're a member. The consolation was free breakfast for one of the three nights we stayed. The front desk service wasn't the best; they were slow even with only four customers in line. Another consolation, a free bottle of water. Bottom-line: Not in my top 10 favorite places to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your recent visit with us. It is our pleasure to inform you that we will be undergoing a $16 Million Rooms Renovation starting in October that will affect all aspects of the guestroom and bathroom and we look forward to having you return and experience our fresh new guestroom product.
Please accept my sincere apology on your experience with the front desk staff and valet parking. I have shared your feedback with both areas' Leadership Team for review. We would welcome discussing the matter directly with you so that we can work to determine an appropriate resolution. We can be reached at (215)-832-3048. Thank you again for your feedback.
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Horrible traffic getting to the hotel (not their fault) and a teeny little driveway (not much they can do about that). This is one of the prettiest hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff was VERY fast with getting everything out of our vehicle. Very quick check in and check out. Immaculate rooms. Lots to do within a few blocks. Maggiano's and Hard Rock were great (walking distance). Check out the old Wanamakers (now MACYS). Would love to stay again.

Room Tip: Lower room numbers have view of City Hall and the skyscrapers. Stayed on the 9th floor. Very quiet...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your feedback. It gives us great pleasure to read and share your wonderful comments with all our staff. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit soon.
Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were here for a conference/vacation. Our room was very spacious although we found the sink area a bit tight. Also, just a hint from a mom that travels with 2 teenage girls, putting a mirror somewhere in the room other than the bathroom would be a huge help! Loved the nice fridge especially since one of our favorite places to visit, just steps away, was the Reading Terminal Market. Helped keep the cost down to be able to keep snacks in the room. The extra blankets for the sleeper sofa and on the rollaway cot need to be replaced. They are worn and not pleasing to touch. (We find this is true in many hotels!) Staff was friendly and the doormen were helpful always. My kids also enjoyed the water flavored with strawberries. Again, having the water readily available cut down on our costs quite a bit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown? Share your experiences!