To be honest, with 3 young kids under 6 we don't often splash out on the more expensive hotels & there were plenty $50-$100 cheaper per night to choose from. But we are so glad we went for this hotel for our overnight stay. Great base to explore the delights of Philly & the impressive architecture of city hall = view was pretty spectacular. Our 2 eldest kids couldn't get enough of the view- we've never had such an enthusiastic & positive reaction from them about a hotel room before! You need to request city hall view in advance.
As we required two beds for our family room, (& travel cot) we sacrificed room size for view (two queen beds instead of Kings). With travel cot up, room did feel a little cramped but that was our choice & view was so worth it.
We could see all the way down to Museum of Art, which was a v pleasant 25 min walk north (quicker without kids!). Also great to see Philly skyline all lit up at night- had to drag kids away from window for dinner.
Bathroom on small side too. So overall room average but view outstanding and more than made up for it.
Other things which impressed us overall was friendliness & helpfulness of staff.
Little touches like baby shampoo & lotion & little bath toy in room with travel cot, front of house staff entertaining our children, restaurant staff very pleasant.
We don't often eat in hotel but kids tired so easiest option after sight seeing. A little pricey for dinner but tasty & nice options & relaxing environment. We had comfortable family booth with individual TV (kids loved!). But it also a very nice bar area & mix of families, couples & groups of younger guests. V pleasant atmosphere & worth paying the extra for convenience of not having to leave Hotel on a cold winter's night with tired children in tow (& our youngest could eat dinner in his pjs then fall asleep in stroller!).
V pleasantly surprised with breakfast- ample & tasty choice. Though if you really want value for money- you can't beat buzzing vibe of Reading Terminal food market just over the road. Soooo many cheap & tasty eats- tho naturally not as plush an atmosphere to dine in as hotel,
As alway swimming pool smaller than looked on website, & water pretty cold...but kids loved, just too cold for our youngest. Hot tub a big hit.
Overall fantastic location, worth it for city hall view, nice hotel & pleasant staff.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown Hotel Philadelphia
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Courtyard
- Philadelphia Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A nice property located near the city's Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Otel, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.