“Pretty Hotel, but Not a Comfortable Experience at All” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #59 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pretty Hotel, but Not a Comfortable Experience at All”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

A very pretty, modern hotel. We were visiting Philly wanted to try one and see what ALofts were like. We would NOT go back to this ALoft.
Arrival - parking, lobby entry, uncomfortable w. people hanging out at entrance. Saw what appeared to be prostitution drop-off/pickup just off property edge in front of hotel. People entered hotel lobby in front of us. Was a very uncomfortable place.
Staff was very friendly but loud music was very annoying in lobby.
Hotel was a pretty design, but cleanliness and maintenance were poor at best. Our room was clean but worn for a hotel only 5 years old. The hall carpets were filthy, full of food, crumbs, papers. Our room - very clear but worn. Bad stains on the couch-thing, towel rack had been pulled out of wall and replaced crooked w/ old holes still in wall, very unprofessional. Looks like someone bounced a basketball on the corduroy carpet wall above the TV, lots of circular wear marks up high.
There are many other hotels in the same area for same price, We definitely would NOT go back to this one and would doubtful stay at any other ALofts.
We were surprised that there is no hot breakfast available, just cold cereal, yogurt, bagels, for a price.
Sad to see a pretty place so trashed.

Room Tip: Far from elevators seemed quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear oldman50again,
We're sorry to hear your recent trip to Philadelphia did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your candid feedback, we would like to chat with you personally regarding your recent experience. Please reach out to our General Manager, Casey, at casey.crowley@starwoodhotels.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Interesting decor very modern. I am a huge fan of Hotel Impossible so I found myself giving it that type of inspection. The bed was very clean plenty of sheets. Not enough lumpy pillows though Glass shower walls were near falling off, you had to enter and exit carefully and I didn't realize this until I was getting in the shower. The hotel is very quiet during the day. At night upon returning exhausted there is an open bar and loud music in the lobby. Odd. Don't know if I would stay again in that hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tiffony43,
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent visit to Philadelphia. Aloft Hotels does feature modern decor featuring open spaces and loft-inspired rooms. In the lobby of each hotel guests have the option of mixing and mingling at W XYZ bar. While the atmosphere at W XYZ bar is more vibrant, we can definitely take a look at our volume levels so that all guests are comfortable.
Denver, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The following is a synopsis of our recent stay at Aloft Philadelphia.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted and checked in by Danielle who was super courteous and helpful. When entering the room it was not cleaned. I called down and was immediately moved to another room. So far, so good for this trip although my prior stay was fraught with problems (first room dirty, second room carpet soaked from air conditioner leaking). After returning from our trip Saturday March 1 (around 11:00 pm) to pick up my vehicle, I asked the person at the front desk to get me through the gated lot, as I always do when I stay in Philadelphia. She said just to use the ticket given when I entered initially. To my surprise I was prompted to pay $120.00 for parking which I never had to pay before. I went back to discuss this with this person and was treated with complete disdain, disrespect and complete attitude. I tried to explain I always book my stay to keep my vehicle in their parking lot while away. She continued the attitude, would not give me her name nor did she wear a name tag. When I asked to speak with the manager, she called security. Ultimately I had no choice but to pay the parking fee which I feel was completely unfair since I always stayed at Aloft in Philadelphia for my out of town trips along with my wife who also reserves rooms there as well. When traveling from Philadelphia I will definitely book another hotel who employs people who are customer service oriented and not the poor excuse I encountered that Saturday. My wife and I stay at the Baltimore, MD Aloft and have had absolutely wonderful and positive experiences. Please understand this is a serious matter as far as I'm concerned. In no way should any guest be treated as I was by a front line employee. This person has no business dealing with the public and guests with the condescending attitude shown toward me. This is not the way to treat a Starwood Preferred Guest. Never again.

Room Tip: My tip for a good room; book at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul W,
We're sorry to hear your recent trip to Philadelphia did not meet your expectations and did not receive the level of service we aim to provide for our guests.As long as you reserve our Rest and Jet package, parking is included. We sincerely apologize if there was a miscommunication on the inclusions of the package/rate that you booked at the hotel. If you would like to discuss further, please reach out to our General Manager, Casey, at casey.crowley@starwoodhotels.com. We do hope you give us another chance to host you again.
Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was okay with my stay. The room was clean and it was conveniently located. I was not, however, happy about having to pay for parking. If staying at a hotel, I think the parking should be included. Otherwise it was good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Lorit2759,
We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. We thank you for sharing your feedback and look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in the Philadelphia area.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a flight next morning. I was very impressed with the property and how new and clean it was. The staff were very friendly. Overall I would definitely come back to this Aloft or any other one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Oncofighter,
We're thrilled to hear you found our hotels convenient for your travel needs and easily accessible to the airport. We're happy you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

HORRIBLE! We drive two hours to stay here to attend a concert. Check in is at 3. We arrived at 3:15. I reserved a King room in December and it wasn't available upon our arrival, we ended up with a double queen. The room was DISGUSTING! Moldy shower, tne bathroom door wouldnt close and tje toilet was dirty! The ceiling was scotch taped up and the beds were a mess. Upon arrival they told us when we needed a cab to come down and they would call and get us one, so we went down to lobby and after being told it would be 10 minutes, a can arrived 45 minutes later. The bar opened at 8 which was completely inconvenient when we had a concert at 7:30 and was hoping for a light snack before we went. The icing on.the cake was the PARTY going on in.the room next to us at 2am. We called front desk and after waiting am hour and nothing being done, we checked out at 3am and went home. Absolutely, positively, WORST hotel stay I have ever had!! I would never recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear ToniTMill,
We're sorry to hear your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in providing a comfortable stay and great service and disheartened to hear you did not receive this. We would love to speak with you personally regarding your experience. Please reach out to our General Manager, Casey, at casey.crowley@starwoodhotels.com.
Rockville Centre, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

When I visit Philadelphia, this is my hotel of choice.

It's right outside of the airport, and it's very close to the city as well.

The staff is great, the rooms are clean, and the service is fantastic.

I highly recommend this place to anybody that needs to stay in the Philadelphia area

Stayed February 2014
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear James S,
Thank you for your positive review! We're honored to be your hotel of choice whenever you're in the Philadelphia area. We look forward to your return.

Been to aloft Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!