“Christopher's on Whidbey for a 60th BDay” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Reservations
Sequim, Washington, United States
“Christopher's on Whidbey for a 60th BDay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

For our youngest sister's 60th birthday my sisters and I were on Whidbey Island doing what we love-junk shopping... In one of the shops we browsed through we asked a woman about a good place to eat and she suggested Christopher's. Was she ever right! We got there just before the lunch closing so there were just a few customers. The sisters ordered the turkey sandwich and chowder. I asked for the steak sandwich and salad. Cody was our exceptional waiter (ask for him). He's welcoming, always being the "servant". His recommendations were perfect-spot on. Enjoyed the food but after I ate the salad I had to get my sandwich to go (wonderful the next day). The birthday sister went to the restroom and Cody heard us talk about her bday. When she came back he brought out the "Birthday Dessert". It was a dreamy chocolate mousse (enough for four) and mini cream puffs, all decorated and a burning candle on top. How thoughtful was that? Go here for really good food and GREAT service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Spokane, Washington
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

First they said they were out of fish and chips and clams. We had come for seafood so were disappointed. Clam chowder was good. Sandwiches tasted very salty. The seafood stew was fair. Service was sllow

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clinton WA
“Not bad but had better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

this is the second time i have visited the restaurant. The first time I was hugely diappointed about the service which I am pleased to say was much better this time. Staff was attentive without being smoothering. the food was ok good but not great. I think they were trying to hard to mesh different flavors and it didn't work. The caesar salad was good, not to heavy on the dressing, my dinner was basic and I had a friend who had the slamon fettucini and it was sadly missing something. Overall it was a nice evening, but food still has room to grow.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Lovely, lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Sitting outside in the sun with our golden retriever at our feet getting totally spoiled by top-notch service including water for Tieg (dog). Then add in the best plate of mussels we have had in some time, and you have a combination for a real winner here. Warm seafood salad had all seafood varieties cooked correctly. Salmon entrée too came perfectly (under)cooked. Idyllic evening with excellent bottle of Pinot Gris....all for well under a $100!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abbotsford, Canada
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had a great dinner here. The calamari - our acid test of restaurants - was great. My husband's seafood stew was fabulous. The mussels were very tasty. We would highly recommend this place. Did I mention that the view from the patio was lovely??

Visited May 2014