“A lovely place for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Victoria, BC
“A lovely place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We found this place by chance and were very happy with our lunches. The food was fresh, delicious and the portions were just right. Service was excellent. The decor is very pleasant and tables by the window are nice. There also is a patio.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Loveland, Colorado
“do not miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were visiting our son, stationed at NAS Whidbey, and just had to go to Christopher's. I was surprised just now as I read the previous review describing night from hell (water spilled in lap, no response from management). The bright spot in a very enjoyable evening was the wait staff. Our waitress was a quiet, attentive, smiling lady who anticipated every need. And it was extremely busy that evening. I enjoyed seeing how the veteran staff multitasked and worked together to handle the crowd--that in itself was worth it. But the food--steak, salmon with raspberry sauce, was excellent. So, in sum, I would highly recommend this place.

Spokane, Washington
“Lovely atmosphere, great service and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were able to sit outside on the side terrace in the shade last week and had a delicious meal. Seems like our kids were the only ones in the restaurant, but they were treated well, had crayons and a decent kids menu for a "fancy" restaurant. We LOVED the caesar calamari appetizer and sopped up the sauce w/ fresh bread. Even our kids ate it. Salads were nicely portioned and the main meals were plenty large for us to take leftovers home for the next day. My husband had the coho salmon special and it was delicious and I had the prawns and gnoochi in vodka sauce. AMAZING. Would have gone there every night -were it not for the price. Diners on a budget - not for you, but it was a very special treat for us!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellevue, WA
“Calamari Primo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have eaten here numerous times, and always love it. This last time I had the calamari appetizer, a dish as good as anything I have ever eaten. This is calamari (not breaded) sauteed in bacon, lemon, artichoke, and anchovies, served like a caesar salad. When it came, I immediately cancelled my main course, because this was quite large. A friend had the pork tenderloin, which I hope to have on my next visit. The prices are reasonable given the quality of the meals.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Ecstasy to agony”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The first time at Christopher's for mussels was incredible! They were absolutely perfect! We promised ourselves that we would come back to Whidbey Island just to re-experience those tender,delicate morsels in that superb, perfectly balanced wine broth. Our next visit was an epicurean nightmare! The mussels had not been debearded! It was horrible! When our server was informed, we were told that there were too many and they were too small to debeard. Getting a piece of shell and beard in every bite was not enjoyable. Shocking to find in the heart of the Penn Cove Mussel world. Won't go back!

• Visited August 2012