A rustic and beautiful old lodge on a beautuful bay; however the service and amenities for the price are poor.
When we checked in no one welcomed us or checked to see if all was well in our room.
We soon discovered that the walls in our Lagoon room were very thin and we could hear every word our neighbours uttered.
When we asked about a place for lunch they did not know of any. .
The next morning when we went to breakfast we were met with a big surprise. Cold packaged cereal, apples, white bread, and mass produced muffins, cut in half, along with ordiinary coffee.
The next morning was no better.
When we checked out no one thanked us for coming, or asked if we had a good stay, or invited us back, or even smiled.
Such potential, yet little care for the client!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the inn is superbly located for outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking the charm of a historic Northwest town by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Overnight stay includes water views from all areas on the property, access to our restaurant, free continental breakfast, free parking and free WiFi access as well as hot tubs and fireplaces in certain units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn
- The Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA