My husband and I stayed at Captain Whidbey Inn for our wedding Anniversary. We absolutely loved the food at the restaurant (we had oysters, bread, and wine)! We stayed in one of the Lagoon Rooms. The room was cozy, and we loved that there was no TV, a large picture window, and the quaintness of the furniture. There are playing cards and interesting old books on the shelves. Children under 12 are not allowed, so the atmosphere is very quiet and private. It's a great place for a romantic getaway.
There is a sweet little garden outside, a nice little walk down to a small pier, and a beautiful backyard area with a lagoon and view of the water. We found everything absolutely charming!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the inn is superbly located for outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking the charm of a historic Northwest town by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Overnight stay includes water views from all areas on the property, access to our restaurant, free continental breakfast, free parking and free WiFi access as well as hot tubs and fireplaces in certain units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your The Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn
- The Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA