This charming Inn has a delightful setting on Penn Cove. Built in 1907, it has seen a lot of years and a lot of people. My decorating and organizing temperament made me want to get right in and go to work. We stayed in a lagoon room which had a lovely view of a small lagoon; but things needed to happen in the room. The shower curtain liner was too long and was sour. Carpet appeared to be updated, but the chair didn't match the decor. A floor lamp was in need of tightening and straightening. Faucets in the kitchen needed to be secured to the sink. There were what could have been lovely herb and flower gardens, but they were taken over with weeds and the soil was not prepared to receive new plantings. A local garden club would probably love to take them over.. Inside the inn reception area an arrangement of fake flowers should be retired. A round table which could have held someone's books, beverage, puzzle, game - whatever - was filled with numerous glass vessels, making it impossible for guests to use and enjoy. An old OLY neon beer sign, bear's head, and fake fish adorned the lounge . . .not appropriate to the era and the setting. Rooftops and fences were in dire need of attention. With a bit of elbow grease (and quite a bit of money), this Inn could be returned to a REALLY charming place. The continental breakfast, while ample, lacked imagination. Coffee was so-so; but other restaurants served Fidalgo Bay coffee, which was wonderful. Homemade breads or pastries would have been better than Costco muffins. Having said all of this, dinner was tasty, the staff friendly and accommodating, the setting wonderful. It just needs a lot of TLC. Most people enjoying a casual weekend will find little fault with the Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the inn is superbly located for outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking the charm of a historic Northwest town by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Overnight stay includes water views from all areas on the property, access to our restaurant, free continental breakfast, free parking and free WiFi access as well as hot tubs and fireplaces in certain units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your The Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn
- The Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA