This was our first visit to the Inn. My husband and I enjoyed walking the grounds and learning of the Inn's beginnings. Looking at the construction of the Inn, makes one appreciate our draft free homes today!
The Inn has different lodging options (cabins, rooms over- looking the water and bathroom, and rooms inside the INN). As sharing a bathroom with other strangers doesn't appeal to me, my husband, wisely, did not choose a room in the Inn.
Our dinner on Sunday evening was interesting. We were the only dinners, so our server was able to be very attentive. The food was good, but the advertised Fresh Crab wasn't available. The wine list was limitied and they did not have everything listed.
All in all, it has a historic value and is in a rustic setting that can be peaceful and restful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the inn is superbly located for outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking the charm of a historic Northwest town by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Overnight stay includes water views from all areas on the property, access to our restaurant, free continental breakfast, free parking and free WiFi access as well as hot tubs and fireplaces in certain units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your The Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn
- The Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA