“I love historical sites, particularly military, so I loved this place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Casey State Park

Type: State Parks
Attraction Details
Lynden, Washington
21 attraction reviews
“I love historical sites, particularly military, so I loved this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The fort itself (now a state park) is really amazing. Well maintained, and just completely fascinating. What it DOES need is some interpretive signage to inform the traveler what they are seeing.

The lighthouse is interesting, but a bit of a letdown. The lens has been removed from the tower, and the house itself is not laid out like it would be if the keeper and his family lived there. The bedrooms are completely off limits which really disappoints. I'd like to see the home the way it was.

Kalama, Washington, United States
39 attraction reviews
“Big Guns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a really good time checking out all the military workings of this historic fort including the dark underground bunkers and the huge guns. The sweeping shoreline, ocean views, ships and kite flying were an active and interesting backdrop as well.

British Columbia, Canada
“Great Family Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very neat, interesting place to visit with the kids. Beautiful scenery! Quite windy so bring a kite too!

Everett, WA
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We rented a house a few miles away for 5 days. We came to the park three times. It was rainy in the earlier part of the day, and when we went there the first time we were alone except for a young lady and her toddler. My daughters, 7&11 explored and asked me to follow into some parts. We had headlights but I still freaked out over the complete darkness in a couple of rooms. We went a couple of days later for the volunteer guided tour. Our volunteer was awesome. We even went into places that are normally locked and very creepy. My oldest looked up hauntings in the Fort but was still brave enough to walk around a totally dark tunnel. I bought a Discovery Pass with my vehicle registration for $30 and it covers unlimited visits to state parks in WA, great deal. Only drawback was my senior mother had a few problems with rickety stairs and lack of senior facilities. She didn't mind looking at the views while the grandkids were playing.

Boise
36 attraction reviews
“Cool piece of history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I lived in Oak Harbor for several years as a kid and always loved visiting Fort Casey so it was a no brainer that I wanted to bring my own kids to experience this cool place. The fort is huge and is like a giant maze so kids love running around and playing hide-n-seek. Do keep a close eye on them however as some of the passages can be dark and there are trip hazards. There are also some steep stairways and ladders - so again just be mindful. Boys will love the giant guns that point toward the Puget Sound!

Visited July 2013