“Nice pizza choices” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Holden, Massachusetts
“Nice pizza choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped for a mid-afternoon snack our first day in Coupeville. 3 people had gelato and I had a cup of Tuscana soup - very tasty. The gelato choices were many and different. We returned the next day for dinner of pizza and a scoop of gelato. The pizza is thin crust (my favorite) and there were several nice options, including red & white sauces, and - the newest trend: salad pizzas! There is a large brick oven so the pizza was nicely crisp and came very quickly. They also have a small selection of appetizers, pastas and sandwiches, plus beer and wine. A nice little place when you want a change from grill/restaurant menus.

Visited July 2013

“OK for a quick meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We came here after a long day of touring and just wanted a quick meal. We ordered the Penn Cove mussels for an appetizer to share with four. The appetizer was plenty for all of us--we even left a few in the bowl. We had the clam pasta and the fettucine alfredo. The clam pasta was fairly bland--no seasonings except oil olive and parsley--was a bit dry. Fettucine alfredo looked like a better choice. The service, unlike what I read in other reviews, was adequate but not really welcoming. We were in and out in the time we hoped and didn't go away hungry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Freeland, Washington
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had eight friends visiting from Florida. Hostess sat us quickly. Music was LOUD and wait staff started out great but became disorganized.
The final straw was when my sister's meal was served cold. Tried to find wait staff to correct problem, without success. When bill came we mentioned the problem to the server. She was sympathetic and said she would talk to the manager. He came out and basically said "tough"! Once the meal is served, even if uneaten as this one was, you have to pay for it! Not even a partial credit.
NEVER AGAIN!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Corona Del Mar, California, Usa
“NW passage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here the third night of our stay in Coupeville. Had lasagna and spaghetti. Our host later told us we should have had pizza! Food was good, service good. Nice music, guy playing jazz on saxophone.

Visited August 2013
Everett, WA
“Awesome staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

After several hours at Fort Casey, my mother and I with my daughters, 7&11 were looking for a hearty, but not too expensive meal. I read reviews for Ciao and while driving by, decided to stop. Since my girls don't eat much, I decided to buy a regular spaghetti and meatballs and my mother and I shared a Penn Cove pizza and salad. The salad was very fresh and we all shared it. My mother was visiting from California and said she wanted to eat lots of mussels before she went home. The pizza didn't let her down and was delicious. On the other hand, the spaghetti and meatballs were horrible. The sauce was extremely watered down and just tasted like mashed up tomatoes. The two huge meatballs, made from 3 sisters farm beef, lacked any seasoning and felt like unflavored sawdust. My girls took one bite and we took the rest back home. We put some Trader Joe's sauce on and it was a little better but the meatballs were still flavorless. The next day we were at the 3 Sister's Farm store and my 7yr old freaked out when Grandma wanted to buy her a t-shirt. She said she didn't want to be reminded of those meatballs. I didn't say anything while at the restaurant because the staff was so attentive and kind. Trust me, normally I would!!! I would be willing to go back again, just not for spaghetti.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere