“Delicious pizza, a genuinely warm atmosphere, very acceptable pricing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ciao

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious pizza, a genuinely warm atmosphere, very acceptable pricing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We came here on a Saturday evening and had a wonderful time. I have been to this place a few times, and every time, I love it just as much as the first time. The staff is one of the most incredibly friendly I've ever encountered; they genuinely seem happy to be there and they seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs. That can make all of the difference in some cases. Here, it's just the icing on the cake.

The dining area is clean and is right next to the kitchen. You can watch them chuck your pizza into a big flaming oven, if you'd like. There is also a nice outside dining area that is gorgeous in the afternoon, being on the west side of the building.

THE GOOD
-There is ample parking, with a small lot on either side of the building and a long strip of street parking right next to it (angled, not on the main drag).
-They tend to always have good music on. When we were there, there was a live band upstairs.
-The staff is very pleasant
-They bring you water in large glass bottles so you don't have to constantly ask for more, if you're like me and you love water
-Again, let me say, the service is EXCELLENT. I don't know to what demon the head chef or owner has sacrificed his soul to get this stellar staff, but whatever the case... they're doing it right.

THE GOOD FOOD
-They keep their parmesan in the fridge, as it should be, so you do have to ask for it (and pepper flakes)
-The pizza crust. Holy sh....stuff I can't say in this review, but I love their crust. It is light, soft and crispy at once, and has a wonderful flavor. It's not at all greasy. They sprinkle little granules of seasalt on it as well, up around the edges, which is delicious.
-They serve more than one variety of white pizza! I am a huge white pizza fan (their Bianco makes me purr) but it seems like it's very rare to find somewhere that actually offers more than one type. When we were there, they had 6 flavors of white pizza.
-Your pizza can be made gluten free (add a couple bucks, I think)
-The hazelnut gelato is deliciousssssssss, precious.
-Soup? Get the Tuscana.

I think that what I love best about their pizza is the fact that it's really not all that greasy. It's hard to make something with that much cheese that doesn't just ooze grease all over the place, but they manage it here. Walking up to and into the place smells phenomenal, and then they back it up.

THE BAD
-Eventually, your food is gone and you have to leave.
-You do not get ice in your glasses, but that's not a huge deal
- I don't think they do by the slice, but screw it. You'll want the entire pizza anyway.

My pizza was pretty darned big and with the tip it was $16. Some people might whine that it's too much for a pizza, but those people are wrong. Completely wrong. Eventually, you'll wish you hadn't eaten there though, because no other pizza in Washington is going to compare. Ever.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

washington
“Mamma Mia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place has the best pizza west of New York City!! Taste one and you'll know what I mean. Try one next time you're in Coupeville.

Visited July 2012
“Best Italian I've had in the Pacific North West!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Ciao was recommended to me from an instructor on NAS Whidbey Island. I've been there twice now and I have to say, it's the best Italian I have had in the Pacific North West! I've tried a couple of their appetizers, a white and red pizza, and even some of their gelato (Italian ice cream). I've talked to their owner and he gets all of his ingredients either locally or from Italy. Everything is authentic Italian. They even have wines from Italy and their Sangiovese was amazing!

Mood and atmosphere were were also great. You feel very welcomed the moment you walk through their door and everybody is courteous. Even the bust boys would get out of your way if you were going up or down the stairs. Which reminds me, they have two levels. The top level has a patio that overlooks Penn Cove. It's one heck of a view!

Their appetizers were awesome, their gelato was superb, but the pizza was the best part. If you go to this place you owe it to yourself to try their pizza. You will never wish to call Domino's, Pizza Hut, or Papa John's ever again. I've had pizza all over the world and this place has to take the cake.

Overall, this place became one of my new favorite restaurants in the country. I will be going here again and I hope you all get the chance to as well!

Gearhart, Oregon
“A great place for pizza and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Had a family dinner. Dinner went very well. Waitress was great. The wine was decent and a fair price. Lots of kinds of pizza and everyone was happy. Check it out. A good place to go!

Whidbey Island, Washington
“Real Italian Pizza by he who went to Italy and brought back an oven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Yes he did. Went to Italy to study pizza and brought back an oven that is named. It should be named Heaven since the manna it puts out will save a life. Fresh and when it is good it is spectacular. The gluten free is not as good as the handmade homemade fresh dough, but it works. Could use a little more sausage, but they listen if that is what you want. The margarita was fantastic. Good salad. And now they know how to make an Affengato with their most amazing Gelato. Not to be missed and worth a walk from the water.

Visited March 2012