“definitely recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 restaurants in Coupeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Description: Look for us on the water side of front street, historic yellow building, down the stairs to the water level deck.
Seattle, Washington
“definitely recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was very warmly greeted and took a seat looking out over Penn Cove with a wonderful view of Mt baker. I enjoyed a generous serving of squash soup served with two slices of homemade toast. I topped it off with a tasty slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream. The service was friendly and attentive. I plan to go back to try some of the Thai items as well!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Meridian, Idaho
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

New owners, haven't a clue. Nothing is like the old owners put out. Cleanliness is not good either. Service and concern for customers is near zero. English proficiency is poor and they seem unable to care. Save your money and go elsewhere. BTW, this place is in Langley, not Coupville. So what gives with some of these reviews? We won't be back.

Visited August 2013
Washington State
“We liked this restaurant very much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We noticed the sign for this restaurant and headed down the stairs. I wasn't sure what to expect as I was pretty sure I didn't want chili. The chili was a major feature of the menu but we chose the Salmon and Asparagus quiche which came with a beautifully presented and tasty little salad. The quiche was excellent and our friend loved the pulled pork sandwich. The bread and pulled pork were both excellent.

The sunny deck was popular and offered a great view but we preferred to eat inside.The Dining Room was nice and airy, we had a great view of the water from there also. The waitstaff were very pleasant and accommodating and we were pleased to find that they accepted all major credit cards.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yum. Chili!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Enjoyed lunch on the outside deck. There is also a lovely inside dining room with great views. The chili was excellent. The cornbread is probably the best I've ever had. The cornbread is so moist. It's made in house.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kirkland, Washington
“I am sad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Last year, my guy friend and I were walking down the quaint main street in Coupeville and smelled the aroma of baking bread that turned out to be the most wonderful cinnamon rolls. We bought many to bring home and freeze so we could have a "little" taste throughout the next few weeks. I also had an amazing chili while there for lunch and my guy had the quiche. Both were excellent!

My guy friend just recently made reservations to whale watch on the Victoria Clipper with a stop in Coupeville. Since he told me about our upcoming outing, my taste buds have not stopped thinking about those cinnamon rolls. I googled the restaurant to see if I could order some in advance (just to make sure they hadn't run out) and up comes the information that there are new owners and they don't quite have things up to speed yet.

So, I am sad. If anyone knows if any other wonderful cinnamon rolls are availabe in Coupeville, would you please post. Thanks!

Visited May 2012