“Quick breakfast eats” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Quick breakfast eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stopped in for breakfast, really friendly servers, classic quick american breakfast, real good coffee.

Visited July 2014

Friendswood, Texas, United States
“Great Homemade Food and Sincere Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Initially stopped in for an ice cream cone and was pleasantly surprised by the choice of flavors. They served Maple Walnut ice cream which is hard to find west of the Mississippi. The next day returned for lunch after a morning of hiking the Devils Towers' trails. Bison burgers were excellent as well as the cabbage vegetable soup. We even made a third visit when we departed the area for a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie for the morning's drive. The owners are so personable. This restaurant is what American restaurants used to be like before all the corporate chains started to take over. A must stop for a true American experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Start this review by saying the waitress was a genuine hoot, she had us laughing every time she came out to see us; we sat outside in the covered area over looking the canyon.

We all followed her recommendation of the broasted chicken and it was excellent. We were each served half a chicken which was more than I could eat but it was so good that I ate more than normal. $9 for 1/2 chicken near a national monument is a great value.

Only complaint was the potatoes were served in the same basket and the juice from the chicken made them soggy BUT the chicken was so good and there was so much that I didn't much care.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Great Local Food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

An excellent recommendation by one of the park rangers at Devils Tower Monument. Nice selection of bison items and our choice - Indian tacos, made with fry bread and loaded! Waitress and other workers were very friendly and really made us feel at home. If at Devils Tower, you must check this place out!

Aurora, Colorado
“Nice people, blah food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stopped here before going to Devils Tower as I didn't see any reviews saying there were any other restaurants near the tower. Let me just say the waitress was a sweetheart. The most popular items seemed to be the fried chicken or breakfast because that's what the locals dining in were eating. I got the fish sandwich and fries with an unsweetened tea and my husband got a diet coke and a chicken sandwich with onion rings. I'm really not sure why I ordered the fish as I really wasn't expecting it be great. Well it wasn't. The entire meal reminded me of a school lunch from back in the day. The fries weren't good and even the ice tea was super weak. The fries tasted funny, like the oil they were cooked in had fried something weird. I could not place the taste. My husband didn't care for anything he ordered. I took a bite of his chicken and while it was tender it was somehow tasteless. So all I can really say is that it was food and nobody got sick from it. I feel horrible saying that as the people were so friendly but I would never go back again to eat. I did buy an adorable bracelet in the gift shop for $7. It is actually really pretty. I did find out after stopping at the trading post right outside the entrance to the tower that we could have purchased a hot dog, burger or fries in the trading post. The building across the street said it had food but since we didn't go in I have no idea what they serve. Anyway stop to take a picture as it really does have a great view and maybe buy a drink or a cuff bracelet near the register, but that's really all I can recommend.

• Visited May 2014