“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Rock climbing, Camping, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: This 870-foot stone monument, thought to have been created from the remains of a volcano, is the center of many Indian religious ceremonies.
Hillsboro, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

So worth the drive out the monument itself. Don't just stop and see it on the highway. We hiked the tower path. It was gorgeous and was well kept with frequent benches for those needing a break.

• Korean first
Dunkirk, Ohio
36 attraction reviews
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We made the drive to Devil's Tower while staying in Spearfish. It's a pretty neat place, and the hike around the base of the tower was cool. We seen a deer and her two fawns on the backside of the hike, as well as a rockclimber halfway up the tower. Definitely worth the trip if you are in the area. The field of prairie dogs on the entrance road was a plus.

98 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We travelled here today with our two boys ages 6 & 8. They loved it as much as we did. It was neat to see climbers and wildlife while hiking the trails! We saw and heard rattle snakes which was really neat! Bring water with for sure! You must see this at least once in your lifetime!

New Albany, Indiana, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I took our 2 kids and 2 nieces to see the monument one morning. We spent about 2 hours walking the 1.5 mile trail that circles the monument. The kids loved climbing on the rocks along the trail. The highlight perhaps, was the rattlesnake my son saw hiding under a rock and pointed out to us. It gave us all chills when it rattled! Yikes, we gave it a wide berth and they stayed off the rocks for most of the rest of the time. It was cool to see the rattler in it's natural habitat. It was also neat to see the climbers on the tower, both going up and rappelling down.

Highly recommend. Bring water bottles if you are planning on hiking. The trail would probably have only taken us an hour to traverse if the kids hadn't been climbing all over the rocks. The path is paved, so tennis shoes are fine. There IS poison ivy skirting the trail, so be careful...

Winnipeg, Canada
35 attraction reviews
“WOW... Have a Close Encounter !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Scratch this off my Bucket List... as a kid watching the Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind I always wanted to see this location. WOW.... I am glad I was able to see this in person.

I do not think my son that was with me appreciated it as much as I did but I was in Awe...

I learned about the native beliefs behind the region that I was not aware of and was educated as to how something like this formed.

See the Movie... visit the site... it was worth the drive !