“Ticks all boxes for a bar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 74 restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
England
“Ticks all boxes for a bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Found this bar by chance when everything else seemed closed. I cannot comment on the food here as I have not eaten but the staff were excellent and provided good service all night. Nice atmosphere and plenty of arcade machines to keep you entertained between sips of beer. Good selection of drinks and the jukebox was wicked. Good night had by all!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

50% Recommend
Brentwood, California
“Grumpy's is all about fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We happened to go into Grumpy's while just looking for a place to sit down and eat. The people were friendly and not grumpy at all. The service was super fast. The food was really good. I had the philly cheese steak which I rarely can find a good one outside of Pats and genos in Philadelphia. This steak was so authentic, it even had the cheese sauce like Geno's. Loved it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Seriously Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Service in this place was a true nightmare. While waiting for her to acknowledge our table I could see her doing a shot with the bartender. No wonder she got our order entirely wrong. She never brought the bottle water I requested with my drink and after waiting past the time we would have tried a second round I went to the bar to order. The bartender was so sloshed and I decided it was time to go. I'm not sure why we even stayed as long as we did. The food was not edible the drinks were weak. And the service was embarrassing to witness.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
sheffield
“Memorable - in more ways than one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Let me qualify this by saying I can't comment on the food at this place. The reason? I've never eaten there.
But what I really have to remark on is the barman. Picture this. We walked in, a year after our previous visit, our sights set on that in which America leads the world. The Martini, that is.
Before we could open our mouths to order two, the barman recited with perfect accuracy our preferred specification, from the brand of vodka right down to the olive.
OK, middle-aged Brits half asleep from jet lag are in a minority in this neck of the woods, so maybe we made an impression on our first visit. Maybe he keeps an album of mugshots behind the bar, with my photo included among the rows of stern faces, like one of those rollcalls at Alacatraz.
Either way we were impressed. With staff like this, who cares about food?

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Janesville, Wisconsin
“EXCELLENT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Grumpy's service is beyond wonderful! Great drink selection too...nice place to relax and catch up with friends...

Visited March 2013