“Christmas Eve ruined!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa

You added Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   164 Old Mammoth Road, P.O. Box 918, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546 (Formerly Sierra Nevada Lodge)   |
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
“Christmas Eve ruined!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I can't believe I am writing this review on Christmas eve...but our Christmas eve is ruined because of lack of emphaty from one of the receptionist, Michael who as I write this review is sitting on the lobby. Apparently, Michael received a noise complaint from our room with loud TV and people talking. He called our room at around 1AM on christmas eve just saying that he received a complaint not even an ounce of emphaty that its christmas eve and not even apologizing that he had to make the call and hope we understand. But nevertheless I went downstairs and spoke with him personally...Michael supposedly passed by our room and heard the noise. So i said, why did you knock then. It's Christmas eve for crying out loud! In general, the staff is not friendly, but not snobs as well. But this is just pushing the limits...I yold him our eve is ruined yet no apology whatsoever. In the end, even though hands down we loved loved loved our room...we will not come back and I will make sure that my friends stay away from this resort! we value customer service and with the price we paid for the room...we were expecting good customer service. Michael, as I told you personally...here is our review and I hope you will love your work in the future...you are in customers relation. With the management, kindly, ensure that the staff you have on the eve days are fairly compensated so that this type of lack of customer service does not happen. To future customers...beware, though the claim is that the place has been renovated, I guess it is still lacking sound proof as people who passes the hall way can hear a tv that is on volume #11 and me and my husband laughing while opening our christmas gifts. Be wise where you take your money!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The cub club it is a very nice environment with great games for kids and we have met the most wounderful staff (Emily,Trent and Alex) with whom we immediately felt friendship. They gave us the best impression of people living in Mammoth.

• Stayed December 2014
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There was snow in the forecast this past weekend so I packed the car and booked a room while on the road. I have heard of friends staying here but this was my first time staying at the Sierra Nevada Resort and Spa but certainly won't be my last! I had one of my best experiences in Mammoth staying here in my years of coming to the area. All of the staff were very friendly and informative from check in until check out. The amenities are great with an onsite spa, mini golf course for the kids, warm Jacuzzi, walking distance to a number of restaurants and bars, plus it is right down the street from the village. We stayed in a fireplace suite that was everything I was hoping for and then some! The room was very spacious with a kitchenette equipped with a full sized coffee maker, dining table, fire place area, office nook and king sized bed! The room was very clean with new furnishings and a large flat screen TV mounted above the fire place. It was tough to leave the hotel when staying in such a cozy room with the fire roaring. One of the best parts for me was that they are pet friendly! It is tough to find a nice hotel these days that allows pets! This is now my GO TO place when heading to Mammoth in the Winter or Summer season. Thank you for such an amazing experience Sierra Nevada Resort and Spa!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Antwerp Province, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa is a nice hotel. We stayed here for one night, but it was clear this hotel was directed towards people on their winter holiday. It has a small pool, not too impressive and some kids stuff. In the lobby there was a pool table, which was fun and decorated in a very cosy way.

Check-in was fast, but there was a problem with a double booking. When we entered our room there was already another family there. This was resolved quickly. Parking is free, we were given a card with a number on it, which you have to place in your car. This is so that the staff can check whether there are any strangers on their lot, I presume. Nice to know.

We stayed in a 2 queen room with one of the renovated bathrooms. I recommend you ask the staff to place you in one of the renovated rooms. The room was clean, we had no complaints.

They recommended some restaurants nearby, such as the Rafters resaurant. It was nice, but overpriced for the food we got.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What can I say other than WOW!
First of all I work in Mammoth but live out of town. We knew the weather was coming so we decided to be safe and stay in town.
Worked all day and had a massage at the spa onsite at the Lodge. Holy crap - can I say that on YELP?
I have never felt better. We stayed in a fireplace sweet and had take out from the Rafters - exceptional!
We also had our dog with us which meant the world to us knowing he was taken care of and safe.
As a local in Mammoth, I highly recommend this place. We probably could have braved the snow and made it out of town but we are so glad we did this. The staff was very hospitable.
From Sara at the front desk to the man behind the bar - wine bottle in hand at a story at the ready. That would be Robert. I never felt so at home - other than my own.
Sleep tight and enjoy the freshies this weekend.
Goodnight.

Stayed December 2014
GM_MVE, General Manager at Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Bigpaddy5,

Thank you for this great review of your time as our guests at Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa. We are very proud to say we have the only spa within a lodging property in the area, and are pleased to learn you made full use of its services during your stay. We would prefer that all of our guests take full advantage of the numerous amenities we offer on-site, as you did, in order to become completely immersed in the luxurious experience that we provide.

We are also offer 3 wonderful onsite restaurants (including Rafters), and 4 bars. Other amenities available at our resort include: a dry sauna and steam room; a computer station in the lobby and property-wide WiFi; a pool table also in the lobby; shuttle service to the Mammoth/Yosemite Airport; Jacuzzi and pool access; and Cub Club (our free kids club with Xbox Ones, Foosball, air hockey, arts and crafts and a movie theater with popcorn for kids).

Thank you as well for your recommendation and helping us get the word out. We are very thankful we have locals like you in town, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

GM
Hermosa Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a chalet last minute this past week at The Sierra Nevada Resort. The accommodations were great! A large living room with fireplace and a separate king sized bedroom for two people was amazing! So much space! I loved the tall ceilings and details in this unit too. The kitchen had everything we needed to make breakfast and dinner. We really enjoyed being next door to Rafters which serves great drinks and food! Would definitely come back and recommend to friends!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Biarritz, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Mother nature awoke and blessed Mammoth with 2 feet of fresh snow. As I quickly jumped on Expedia I came across a few hotels with the Sierra Nevada getting my attention. However I phoned two others that i have stayed at before before i phoned Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa. I was greeted by Sammy and immediately felt at home. She described the hotel with such warmth and enthusiasm i decided to take a chance and booked the deluxe queen for a few nights. Upon arrival we were welcomed by Sara who was just magical. She welcomed us with open arms and throughout the stay was always extremely positive and friendly and had a true love the hotel she represented and it was a pleasure to have her running the front desk. The place itself was perfect. It has an authentic lodge feel to it with a bar/fireplace and pool table as well as a large Jacuzzi. the room was large, clean and updated while still keeping up with the lodge theme. All was was so magical I decided to jump over to their spa and was pleased once again. Natasha carried on the tradition of being a spectacular individual and lined me up a perfect massage. To end, i decided to look at a few other rooms to see what was available for my next trip and Tessie was the guide and just made the experience enjoyable I looked at the master fireplace room as well as their suites and they did not disappoint. I will say this weekend was just magical and a lot of it has to do with the staff at this resort. This is the only hotel i will stay at in Mammoth from here on out. Well done and thanks.

Mike

Room Tip: Fireplace master suite
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Michael O,

Thank you for this absolutely outstanding feedback from your storm-chasing expedition to Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa – the newest and most luxurious destination resort in Mammoth. The most important part of our property, as you keenly observed, is our absolute insistence on providing an exceptional level of guest service, and we are delighted to learn how much you appreciated the genuine mountain hospitality of our team.

We are also very happy that you had such a relaxing and enjoyable treatment in our spa. We are proud to be able to offer the only spa within a lodging property in the area. In addition to our lobby’s bar, fireplace and pool table, and our property’s Jacuzzi, we also offer 3 wonderful onsite restaurants, 4 bars, a dry sauna and steam room, a computer station also in the lobby and property-wide WiFi, shuttle service to the Mammoth/Yosemite Airport, and Cub Club (our free kids club with Xbox Ones, Foosball, air hockey, arts and crafts and a movie theater with popcorn for kids). We also have an outdoor pool available in the summer.

We hope you had a great time playing in the snow, and look forward to your return! The storms just keep rolling through, and we couldn't be happier about it either!!

GM

Been to Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!