Cons-nothing in Mammoth Lakes is inexpensive.
1.Word to the budgeters so you won't be surprised.
Room rates at Mammoth Ski Resort Properties-Tamarrack, Main Lodge & Juniper Springs add $20 per day fee for non opt out "extras" so read carefully. then add the city taxes. So a 2 night stay you think will be @127/ night will be an end price of$180/night. Also high city tax for any other rental in town. Better deals in Bishop but not as convenient. Lodge does not have working computer but does have wireless down stairs &above the main room. No hot tub or pool. In summer no swimming in lake
2. this is an old property with updates but I think that is part of the charm.
3. Altitude is higher than town but less than the main lodge so sleeping may be more difficult doe to altitde
Pros-Real old Lodge experience in an area that feels isolated but is 5 min to town
1. Lots of peace & quiet. No blaring TVs and boom boxes.
2.Beautiful location on a lake but just outside town but with easy access to many restaurants. Built around 1924.Still keeps the tongue in groove pine walls, large roaring fireplace. Oversized leather chairs , rockers & game tables.
Cabins or main lodge. This trip in the lodge.
3a. You can get a bargain with the shared bath rooms 4,5,6,,11,12. They are all Q rooms. Bathrooms 1 or 2 rooms away. lady's room with private shower. 1 toilet with Basin & the other with private toilet but basin in the entrance room. I did not ck out the men's area
3b. Rms 1,10 &15 are en suite bathroom & Q bed,
3c. rms 7,10, 2 are en suite bathroom but have 2 rooms with an open doorway-1 with Q and the other with twin daybed in room with 2 leather club chairs and table, dresser and mirror. Rms 7,6,5,4,2 & 1 face the lake. We prefer the ensuite rooms facing the Lake.
Looks like lots of updates since our visit 2 years ago especially the bathroom-new floor and shower tile ( no tubs)& new faucets and shower heads.
Continental Belfast- toast, bagels, cream cheese, jam, cold hard boiled eggs, cereal,milk,apples, orange juice, coffee & tea. Hot choc $3.
4. Lots of free parking
5. Shuttle to the village tram and down town free every 1/2 hr
6. I walk out my door to the cross country center and all the great all level trails and all weather trails (even when very windy on the Mountain). Nap and go out again snow shoeing. My husband drives to the main lodge- closer drive than most other properties.
7. I would suggest those with kids stay in the cabins for easy of food prep/times and able to be noisy.
8. Excellent and commensurate ($$$$ 180/2 3 course dinner not incl alcohol) priced dinning for dinner at the lodge. Best I've had anytime.
9. Lunch on soup and sandwiches available in main room
- Also Known As:
- Tamarack Hotel
- Tamarack Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Tamarack Resort Mammoth Lakes
- Tamarack Lodge Mammoth
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Tamarack Lodge and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.