“Not Bad for the Price and Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn dba Wildwood Inn

You added Rodeway Inn dba Wildwood Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn dba Wildwood Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3626 Main St. (SR 203), Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546 (Formerly Econo Lodge Wildwood Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
California
“Not Bad for the Price and Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We spent one night here while on a road trip to the June Lakes/Mammoth area. Check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. Downsides - the bed was rather creaky and when we used the heat, the room became extremely hot and it was difficult to get it to a comfortable temperature. Breakfast was simple (donuts, cereal, coffee), but fine for what we were paying. Overall, it was a perfectly adequate place for a budget accommodation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

This place is a good place for the money. Don't except frills and you will be satisfied. We stayed here just for one night one our way home back to LA from Yosemite. It was nice enough and clean. They do include a continental breakfast which is nice.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

if you reserve this motel weeks in advance, the rates are the best in mammoth lakes. it's in a good location and has amenities such as microwave ovens, fridges, free newspaper daily. the front rooms have a nice mt. view but are also exposed to highway traffic noise. most of the rooms are off the street and rather quiet. the owner was friendly and accomodating with my special requests and was always available. the breakfast was fine- 2 kinds of cereal, juices, coffees and several kinds of donuts. the housekeepers were inconsistent, sometimes missing things like emptying trash or leaving towels. i stayed here for a week and would recommend it unless you get a better rate elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
southern california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

OK so wasnt expecting much for this hotel. Paid approximately $250 for two nights.

Negatives:

Musty, worn room. The one ice maker available wasnt working. Felt I spent to much for what was provided. Continental breakfast is just coffee and donuts is what we saw (dint bother). All in all could probably get better in Mammoth for about the same price. Didnt care for the parking. Pool and Sauna was avoided. Bathroom very small and beds/couch were broke down (need replacing).

Positives:

Microwave and Refrigerator in room and worked.
AC worked.
Rooms were very large (not the bathroom)
WIFI

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
SoCal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

Based on the price, I wasn't expecting luxury or extravagance, or anything like that. What I was hoping for was service at ANY level.

Arrival - arrived ~10PM. Front desk was locked, but we were let in by a gentlemen who looked pissed off that we arrived at all. We had used choice points for one night and paid separately for a second but wanted to keep the same room so we didn't have to switch. We tried to explain this to him as we checked in so it would go through that way and he ignored this, because we then sat there for 25 minutes while we were told a combination of things including "well, we don't have that in the system, we have you tonight but we're fully booked tomorrow, etc. It took using our iPhone and showing him our confirmation emails directly for him to listen to us. during this time, multiple personal cell phones were ringing off the hook and instead of silencing them or otherwise, he kept taking the calls and speaking in what I took to be Hindi. Finally we get our room keys and get to the room

Get to the room, and as expected it wasnt great, but we knew that going in. Right away - no tissues and TV remote doesnt work. Whatever, we're going to bed anyways and have a long day ahead.

Next day, we return back to the room to find that even though we had posted do not disturb, the room had been entered and made up. I now had tissues, but I was FURIOUS that they disregarded the do not disturb because I had my laptop and other electronics in the room. I just simply was not going to bring my laptop into yosemite valley - the heat would have been a lot for it.

They had a pool and a hot tub, but the pool could hardly be called a pool and the hot tub was essentially the same temp as the pool. But hey, this was a discount hotel so the fact one was here was just gravy anyways

So in summary, I wasn't a fan of this place. The accomodations were definitely discount, but I just couldnt get over how unprofessional and disrespectful the staff was - like they weren't even trying and they were doing you a favor by doing their job. Will I go back? I wouldn't stay there again if you paid me.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Mariposa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

This is a 1 star hotel. Meaning it isn't meant to be a luxurious stay. It isn't a resort. It is comparable to many other 1 star hotels I've stayed at across the country. Go in expecting a place to crash and no more, and you'll be content.Go in expecting your hotel to be a memorable part of your visit or a cushy place to lounge, and you'll be disappointed.

The room I stayed in was most definitely not remodeled recently (not sure about some previous postings). The wallpaper was older, as was the bed. The bathroom tile was definitely showing some wear and tear, and the tub was older. Clean enough, just older. That phrase sums up the experience. Clean enough, but older. Everything in the room is worn down, and therefore doesn't look particularly elegant. The sheets were clean enough, but probably could have been a little bit cleaner. The bed was firm, which we appreciated but others may not. The room initially had a musty/moldy smell when we walked in, but opened up the windows and ran the bathroom fan for a half hour, and everything was fine for the next couple of days. The heater does work well, but as mentioned in other reviews there is no thermostat. The shower took a few minutes to actually warm up, and in the afternoon, it took more than a few minutes to warm up. The walls are thin so you can hear your neighbors. But really...what 1 star hotel have you stayed in where you can't? Maybe they exist but after driving cross country numerous times I haven't found one.

No bugs to speak of.

Small microwave and fridge which functioned perfectly. Older tv with HBO (on channel 21 which took us awhile to figure out). The continental breakfast includes 2 types of cereal,milk, coffee, donuts, and mini muffins. That's it. Get there early cause stuff runs out. Free wifi available, just ask for the code when you check in. The hot tub wasn't all that hot and the jets didn't function.

The motel is very well located in the center of town, with a shuttle stop out front. There are some walkable restaurants across the street. Parking was not an issue, though the place wasn't full.

The front desk was friendly. There is a large sign when you check in about the $1.50 safe fee that was mentioned in another review. It mentions the fee and the policy. Just remember to ask them to take it off when you check out. There was no issue about it.

Overall compared to the prices of things in Mammoth, I was satisfied. I visited in the shoulder season though, booked directly through their website with a AAA rate for a holiday weekend....$70 plus tax a night.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

The motel charges a $1.50 fee for the safe in the room that you have to pay .The fee can only be redeemed on checkout. At check-in I thought the taxes and fees seemed a bit high but was not shown the itemized list of the extra fees. I only became aware of the safe fee because I had to initial a list of things that I had to agree to. I know it is only $1.50 but I can't stand this kind of sneaky, dishonest behavoir. If you stay here make them refund your money in when you check-out so they stop this.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn dba Wildwood Inn? Share your experiences!