“Always consistent and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Mission Viejo
“Always consistent and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Third year of skiing and staying at this place. If you want an awesome place with the basics, this is that hotel. If you want bells and whistles, this is not your 'cup of tea'! Where can you be walking distance from The Village nightlife and Gondola? Where can you be equidistant to all of Mammoth Lakes on Main Street? Where else can you have a fantastic jacuzzi Apres Ski time every nite in the great outdoors? All this is here. Kenny always treats us right and makes it happen within reason. I have read the other reviews that are not as friendly and wonder what attitude was brought along when staying at Econlodge? Staying here for the basics gives us the opportunity to have more fun at other attractions and buy more stuff in town to spread out the wealth. You choose what is more important - I say 20k feet of vertical -- bah zing!

Room Tip: If you like the jacuzzi, get a room close on the ground floor or you freeze on your return.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I want to preface my review by saying we have stayed here many years during our ski vacations, multiple a year, without incident. I was suprise to come back to my hotel room after being out all day to find the house keeper had cleaned my room even thoug I had placed the do not disturb sign on my door. We then proceded to find items moved around and missing. My son's friend had put his personal articles, including wallet with money, and his ipod and some loose change on the side of the bed farthest from the door. When we returned we could not find any of the items. I asked the housekeeper, who happened to be cleaning the next room. She did not speak English well so I went to get the owners wife. We found the ipod on the pillow on the bed closest to the door, the wallet with money out of it, stuffed into my son's wallet on the table. Missing was 44 of 96 dollars. We presented this to the owners wife who informed us the cleaning lady was her mother. I stated I was not accusing the cleaning lady, but mearly informing her of the theft. I had also asked her why she had entered the room even though I had posted the do not disturb sign. She said it was not on the door, when in fact it was found hanging on the exact hook I had removed it from in the morning. Only one person would know where to replace it and only an employee would be such a person. She then said she would reemburse me the money since it happened on their property. We ended up staying the final night and in the am, I went to check out and the owner, who was her husband, refused to reemburse me the money. He said he had not charged me the pet fee, he would only reemburse half. I said I had booked the room with the pet clearly stated at time of booking. He had seen us with the pet at check in as well. I reminded him we are repeat customers and would not be returning if this could not be settled. He refused to reemburse me dispite me telling him I would have to report it as theft to the police and to Choice Hotels. He still refused. I will not be staying there again. It wasn't a great place to stay in the first place, pretty run down. Cold air comes in from beneathe the door, about an inch gap, always had to put a blanket to prevent the cold geting in. But the convenience to the ski area was good and they had not given me hastle about my pet prior to this. Beware. Too bad. Plenty of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Davis, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I love to stay at the Econo Lodge during Mammoth ski race weekends with my kids. It is clean, convenient, and has a GREAT heater! Don't expect anything more than the basics, but it does have a fridge, safe, and comfortable beds. For the price, I love it. The breakfast is not great, but there are some excellent coffee houses and bakeries nearby that more than make up for it.

Room Tip: upstairs is better - backside is quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

So I'm Platinum status at Choice Hotels and also have been coming to Mammoth since I was 10. EconoLodge and now QualityInn (both Choice Hotels) at Mammoth are under a new owner. Here's the bottom line: If you are looking to impress someone with your accommodations (significant other, coworker or family) AND are over 28, spend another $75 and go elsewhere, otherwise and especially if you are under 30, this IS the place. It is clean, warm, has great water pressure and satellite TV with HBO plus a jacuzzi and microwaves+fridges. Is it perfect? No! It has the same kind of issues as most of the other older Mammoth ski lodges..which you won't care about if you are under 28 or are there to ski/board --and it's right off a Mammoth shuttle stop, which means no parking issues while skiing. It's also walking distance to most of the best nightlife in Mammoth!

Room Tip: Double park to avoid door dings. Bring your own food/drinks. Avoid the Village and head to Whiskey C...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Frederiksberg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We needed a place to stay for the night while passing through and Econo Lodge was the best offer for the price in Mammouth Lakes.

The best thing to say about the hotel was that the staff was very friendly and eager to help.

The main problem for was that a stain on our sheets that hadn't been discovered by the staff when preparing the room. When we told the front desk about it they got it fixed. Also there was a dirty plastic cup among the clean ones that hadn't been discovered during cleaning. Apart from these two mistakes the room was okay. Off course the stained sheets and the dirty glass are big mistakes, but also things that the hotel could easily do something about in their cleaning procedures. I hope the hotel will consider this, as it would greatly improve the experience of staying there.

We didn't get a chance to go in the pool but it looked fine too. The area and city seemed very nice and we could easily walk to a bar and restaurant.

The breakfast consisted of pastries and cereals in the hotel lobby. The pastries were fairly good, but very basic breakfast in general.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The motel was great, but the staff was the best. Kenny who works at the front desk was very helpful with things to do and places to go. He was very helpful with everything. I would recommend this motel to everyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very nice hotel, clean and very comfortable. The room was b-i-i-g enough!! Good location, close to highway and right beside the mountains. All the restaurants are close. Breakfast was not bad either. Overall, a good bet for your money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Wildwood Inn? Share your experiences!