“Nice One Night stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice One Night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent one night at the Westin on our way from Vegas to San Francisco. We arrived mid afternoon and spent time wandering around the village and taking a gondola trip to the top of Mammoth Mtn.

The staff was friendly and willing to offer suggestions for activities and to give directions. The room was nice and had a kitchenette and fire place. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The hotel was just across the street from the village-- and I loved the village! Cute shops, very family friendly and plenty of restaurants to choose from. It was a quick, but great stop for us on our vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were welcomed and checked-in by a very friendly staff - we even received a glass of complimentary champagne at check-in (good stuff).
Our room was located on the 6th floor (what I can remember) and the view was very nice.
This property is located in a very beautiful scenery - snow covered mountains (at least during our stay at the end of May) and lots of nice, big trees.
We were able to sit and relax in front of the window and enjoy the view.
We didn't try the hotel pool, but it looked pretty nice from above.
The room was equipped with a flatscreen tv, gas fireplace and a kitchenette. We especially enjoyed the ultra comfortable king size bed. The only issue we had was the pretty noisy fridge (it went on and off almost every 10 to 20 minutes).
We wanted to have some ice, so we let it run - if you want to, I guess you could switch it off.
Breakfast at the restaurant downstairs ("Whitebark") was excellent and service was pretty good (the breakfast was included with our AAA-rate - you could choose between all the breakfast entrees and a beverage (coffee, orange juice or soda).
Restaurants and some shops are located just a couple steps away at "The Village" - we had awesome food at the "Smokeyard" (please see own review).
This was one of our best stays during our road trip (except the loud fridge).
Too bad you don't get a glass of champagne after checking-out as well ;)

Room Tip: Request a high floor room to enjoy the scenery!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
East Bay, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Westin for one night as a stopover on the way to Death Valley. The trip from SF over 108 was exhausting and when we arrived at the Westin we were ready for their pampering. We had dinner across the street at the village and played all the outdoor games and soaked in the hot tub. They hooked up a DVD player for us and we watched The Shining.

The next morning they packed up the car for us, fed our dog some water and we were on our way again. I was almost wishing we could just spend the whole week there.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here over Father's Day weekend so my husband could go mountain biking with our kids. The resort (and Mammoth itself) was very quiet as they are not into the heart of summer as of yet. The resort is beautiful and in close proximity to restaurants and the shuttle to go mountain biking (the gondola was not operating the weekend we were there so the shuttle drove mountain bikers up the hill). We had a one bedroom suite with lots of space and a nice view of the mountains.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the pool (as others have said)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is Sunny the Dog folks. My master asked me to write this review based on my experiences. First of all, this hotel is pet friendly! By that I am sure that they really mean dogs, because I didn't see any cats. There is a treat bowl in the lobby, and all of the staff gave me head pats and scratched behind my ears at every opportunity. When we checked in the staff brought up a bed for me - sized according to my slim figure - and a set of water and food bowls. My bed was made by the same company that made my master's bed. It was heavenly!

When my masters had breakfast or dinner (happy hour from 4-6 p.m.), they hitched my leash to a bannister next to the restaurant while they ate (I think that the happy hour menu was their favorite). All sorts of people came by and petted me. Once in a while another dog came by and we got to say Hi!

The grounds outside the hotel have some nice open spaces where I could run, sniff out birds, and take care of my personal business. There were also conveniently placed dispensers for small plastic bags for you-know-what.

The room was very spacious, with a kitchenette, refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine, and plates and utensils, and a gas fireplace.

The hotel is located at the foot of Mammoth mountain. If you go down about 75 steps, you get right to the gondola that takes you to the ski area. It was summer when I went, so I didn't ride that. There is a Village where the Gondola is, that has all sorts of stores, restaurants, shops, and games outside for kids and adults to play. I spent a lot of time sunning myself in front of the Starbucks store.

My master took me on walks starting at the hotel and going up Lake Mary Road. One day we walked on a really nice path all the way to Twin Lakes. What a beautiful view!!

When they advertise "Pet Friendly", they really mean it. I give it five paws. My master agrees!

Room Tip: If you are going to be there for a while, the extra space provided in a small suite is very nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here recently and were very impressed with the hotel. First, the location is ideal being right in the middle of Mammoth Springs. The staff was very warm and friendly when we checked in and even found us a better located room on the top floor. Being AAA, we got a fantastic deal on a 2 bedroom suite. The room was fantastic, high end decorations and furniture wtih 2 spacious bedrooms. The views were simply amazing. Kitchen was fully equiped, bathrooms huge.

Room service was pretty good, kids loved the pizza, pasta and the turkey sandwich. Cost was a bit high but unexpected given the Westin quality.

Unlike other reviews, I had no problem with the internet service. The pool is closed but they apologized and offered us shuttle service anytime across the street to their sister resport. One of the two jacuzzi's is open now.

Parking included in resort fee and is through a huge underground garage.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestinTeam, General Manager at Westin Monache Resort Mammoth, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Two Bedroom Suites are a such a great space for an amazing family getaway. Thanks for sharing your experience at our resort, and we hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon!
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After a long drive this hotel was a welcome break. The staff were most helpful and welcoming and the room,food and facilities were excellent.
The only issues that made our stay not quite up to the standard you would expect for this grade of hotel was that there was a noisy air conditioning unit and fridge in our room (525) and a coffee maker that did not work. Full marks to the staff who isolated the noisy equipment and replaced the coffee maker. The only remaining issue was that at night without a/c the room was warm and our night's sleep affected.
An additional disappointment was that the pool and jacuzzi were out of action.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple