“Needs Management Adjustment” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Florida
“Needs Management Adjustment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Checked in to the hotel, being Starwood Platinum and asked at the front desk about a room upgrade, it also appeared that they had about a ten per cent occupancy rate. I was told that I had already been upgraded. I walked in the shoebox, umm room and was wondering if this was an upgrade what would I have gotten If I were not Platinum.
I tried to use the wired internet for an important project, just to find there was no port. I picked up the cordless phone, and of course it didn't work either. After making the call on the other phone I waited for over thirty minutes, with no one showing up. On the second call I did get someone to come and fix the port. But, in the call I asked about the upgrade and I was told that they did not upgrade Starwood members, but I probably receive a view. Looking out of my small window I had a good view of the building and if I leaned over I could see the pool that was obviously not usable.
Most hotels recognize the value of frequent stayers this one does not. If your a Starwood preferred guest stay away from this hotel because they do not care about your business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Currently staying at the Westin Monache resort there is no pool no Jacuzzi both have leaks and they really have no idea when they will be repaired. Just want to Advise other potential guest that currently there is no pool and both Jacuzzis are out of service and the Internet service is poor to say the least. Even the front desk acknowledges this. They will shuttle you to another pool at another property but is not up to the standards of the Westin resort. And really do you want to get on a shuttle bus in your bathing suit and go to a different pool where you need to go to the front desk everyday to get a key and towels for there pool.
To make matters worse was in the lobby and the are still charging a resort fee. I very rarely complain or write negative reviews but potential guest should know this.

• Stayed June 2013
WestinTeam, General Manager at Westin Monache Resort Mammoth, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We appreciate the time you've taken to give your feedback and wanted to share that we have addressed your concerns.

Our pool and hot tubs will be ready for all of our guests to enjoy this Friday with our poolside lunch and beverage service starting June 28.

Regarding the internet service, we have made improvements to our Wi-Fi and expect to see significant improvement to internet service in general in the Mammoth Lakes area next month. A statewide internet expansion project is almost complete, making combining work and play in Mammoth a whole lot easier starting in July!
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My friend & I stayed there for three days. My BD turned out to be there (round date :))... To my surprise no one from the Hotel congratulated me during that day...I didnt expect a gift, but I tought at least one BD card and "Happy BD" would be just fine, but... ((
Nevetheless, our room was perfect and quiet (low season).
Positive sides:
- spacious room;
- kitchen;
- fireplace;
- free wifi, but it didnt work during our stay (Hotel compensated this to us!!);
- free garage;
- nice bath amenities (though no shower cap);
Negatives ones:
- noisy a/c;
- a bathrobe with a torn pocket (why to put it the room in a first place??)
- not really tasty b/f (hot chocolate was a disaster, the lady who served us never smiled - though it was my BD!!!)...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Valencia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

What a great stay! We had been to Mammoth several times before in the winter, but never stayed at the Westin or been in the spring. This is my new favorite place! Upon arrival for the Memorial weekend, we were promptly greeted by smiling staff. As they pulled up our reservation, we were informed that we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite (we are gold members of Starwood, not even Platinum). What a treat! The shuttle service was quick and efficient, all needs were met promptly and with smiling staff! My only complaint would be the parking spaces in the underground parking are a bit narrow. What a great place to stay with breathtaking views! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Love the Westin in Mammoth - the service is great, the room is very nice (so difficult to find in Mammoth, a decent room that wasn't decorated in the 70's), and the views are gorgeous. I have only one complaint: all the children in the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi is always busy, mostly with kids at every jet, and sitting on each step. Most hotels don't allow kids/toddlers in the jacuzzi. The large 25 yard pool is fantastic for fellow lap swimmers, go at dinnertime to avoid the crowds.

We moved rooms, we didn't like facing the Village, and were very happy with our move facing the pool/mountain.

Room Tip: Face the pool, not the Village.
Green Features: We received $5 off each day we declined maid service.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend, and were happy to find that they upgraded our reservation for a studio suite to a 1 bedroom suite, as well as a glass of champagne each! All of the Westin employees were very nice to us, and our room was lovely - very modern, with a comfortable bed and linens and a wonderful shower. I usually wear earplugs to bed, as every little noise wakes me, but I slept without them both nights, and slept soundly. The hotel is in a great location in Mammoth, and is, aesthetically, a really nice hotel to walk around in. All in all, a very comfortable stay - I don't know what else I could ask for from a hotel!

Green Features: If you agree to not have room service while you stay there, you get either Starwood Points (500 points per day, which is what we opted for), or a $5 coupon for drinks or food at their restaurant.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Westin in Mammoth en route home to San Diego, from Yosemite. It was clean, nice, the sushi bar was great and breakfast was really good. The resort was fairly "empty"....just post ski season, a bit windy, but easy to relax...services were good. Just above the newer downtown area, but we didn't leave. Kitchenette, small refrigerator, nice bath and shower, comfy bed and fireplace. Nice place and good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Monache Resort Mammoth? Share your experiences!