Checked in to the hotel, being Starwood Platinum and asked at the front desk about a room upgrade, it also appeared that they had about a ten per cent occupancy rate. I was told that I had already been upgraded. I walked in the shoebox, umm room and was wondering if this was an upgrade what would I have gotten If I were not Platinum.
I tried to use the wired internet for an important project, just to find there was no port. I picked up the cordless phone, and of course it didn't work either. After making the call on the other phone I waited for over thirty minutes, with no one showing up. On the second call I did get someone to come and fix the port. But, in the call I asked about the upgrade and I was told that they did not upgrade Starwood members, but I probably receive a view. Looking out of my small window I had a good view of the building and if I leaned over I could see the pool that was obviously not usable.
Most hotels recognize the value of frequent stayers this one does not. If your a Starwood preferred guest stay away from this hotel because they do not care about your business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin