We recently completed our third, annual stay at this hotel - and it is primarily because it is the most accessible, reasonable offering in Mammoth. It helps that we travel with a large school group and get very good rates - otherwise we would probably look further afield.
Good condition, well maintained rooms and common areas, although the rooms and suites are very small - all very compact.
Good restaurant - White bark. Convenient - and the sushi bar is a nice addition.
Pool and jacuzzi - outside - but nice to have on site.
Accessibility - on the doorstep of the main gondola - really, really great, fast access to the slopes and right within a stones throw of the village too.
Could be better?
Bigger rooms - especially with all that ski equipment!
The steps to and from the gondola - 80-ish? Tough when your adjusting to the altitude and as unfit as heck - however there is a 'long way round' for those with limited ability.
Resort fee - $25 bucks a day - includes (dreadful connection - no...REALLY dreadful!) Internet - if you need it for work - set up a tether before you go! But to be honest - $25 is a bit steep for limited facilities other than parking.
No sushi menu for guests in the dining room of the restaurant - only the bar and sushi 'seats' along the sushi bar. Why? No idea. Basically a bit daft - although this season they added limited Nigiri to the main restaurant menu.
No Spa/treatment rooms
Rent a locker and keep / store most of your kit outside the room.
Use open table to book the restaurant before you go - its popular with locals as well as guests.
Approach the steps to the gondola as a good warm up and cool down exercise.
Tether your WiFi before you go so you don't get hacked off with a one bar connection, once in a blue moon!
Forget spa treatments all together - and there aren't any good options outside the hotel either - Take a nice bath soak / bath soak and candle instead.
Hopefully you're going to be on the slopes most of the time - but this is a reasonable hotel option to consider for a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin