I stayed at the Westin Monache using Starwood points, so I don't have an accurate valuation as if I paid with cash - but the value ends up being about the same to me. We stayed in a 'deluxe studio' with a kitchenette and a fireplace with a view over the pool. It was a nice room, comfortable bed, etc. The room itself was about what I expected from a Westin - with the addition of a fireplace :)
As far as the location was concerned, it was a short walk down the stairs to the gondola, which was a quick ride up to Canyon lodge. Perfect! The staff was very accommodating; they had champagne out in the afternoon, and the bar was a great spot to sit and have a drink at night.
The location has 2 hot tubs, both of which are on the 2nd floor and quite large. PERFECT for after a long day of snowboarding. Would DEFINITELY go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Starwood, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin