“A great place to stay at Mammoth Lakes” 5 of 5 stars

Holiday Haus Motel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3905 Main Street, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546   |
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Sydney, Australia
“A great place to stay at Mammoth Lakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lovely rooms, great location, right price, front desk really friendly and helpful
Shuttle bus stops outside to all restaurants and village every 15 mins. Village within walking distance if preferred. Continental breakfast supplied.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace for ambience.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Holidayhaus M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Haus Motel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Jenny,
Thanks for staying at Holiday Haus. We're glad you enjoyed your trip to Mammoth Lakes, and we hope to see you again soon! Have you visited in the summer? It's awesome here!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Spent 5 nights and had a great stay. We had to reschedule our trip at the last minute (because of a cancelled flight) and they accommodated us with no problems. Staff was friendly, even helped us shovel our car out after a big storm! Room was very nice, plenty big, quiet and kept us warm during some very cold nights. Loved having a fridge. Location is great: walk to the village gondola (or take the shuttle bus 1 stop if you prefer).

The only catch was that the wifi is terribly slow. During the evening (I guess when it's most busy) it's really unusable. They did warn us at check-in that it was very busy. Ironically, the sign at the entrance boasts "renovated wifi". They need to renovate it again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kirk,

Thanks for staying at Holiday Haus and letting us know your feedback on your trip. We agree with you that we have one of the best possible locations in Mammoth Lakes! We'll definitely take into consideration your helpful constructive comments about the Wi-Fi. And when you visit Mammoth again, we'll do everything we can to ensure you have a peaceful and restful stay.
Ventura, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have reviewed this particular property before, where I shared how the front desk lady busted into my room and was scary rude...I was told that the problem was addressed and taken care of. It is not true. We called to book a room and guess who answered? That's right, the rudest person on the planet...and she was snotty and rude yet again...when asked if there were rooms...we get a snarly you'll have to call back, I don't have time to look right now. On check in, she did nothing but snarl and act like she was completely put out to have to take our money to stay. She must be related or be part owner, because she is downright scary to how she lets herself and her rudeness get out of control. No one would want to put her in charge, otherwise. We had to stay, because there was nothing else at the last minute....because I had to keep calling back to get an answer... but I will NEVER stay there again...that's a promise....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Holidayhaus M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Haus Motel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear tGypsyMomma,
On behalf of the owner of Holiday Haus Motel we're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our motel. We are taking note of your concerns about our guest services and meanwhile would like to encourage yourself and other guests to check out the many positive reviews we have received in the past two years for our comfortable rooms, great location and low prices.
Carson City, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I decided to take an overnight trip to Mammoth Lakes, CA. Of the hotels located in Mammoth.. we chose Holiday Haus because of the price and location.

Holiday Haus was moderately priced for a room with a King bed, fireplace, fridge and microwave.

I loved the fireplace, however.. it was controlled by the thermostat located on the wall and would kick off when the room temperature was reached. I would have prefered to have the fireplace blazing for as long as I wanted. I can understand that the room may have gotten too warm.. but, I think there are better ways to control the room temperature and keep the fire going.

The King bed was somewhat comfortable with plenty of room to stretch out and more comfortable than what we had at home. Since our visit to Holiday Haus.. we've purchased our own King bed which is much better than theirs.

As for location... well.. it is convenient to the Lakes and restaurants. No complaints.

What I didn't care for was what appeared as "drama" between one of the staff members and a personal "friend". The "friend" kept coming and going out of the parking lot and the staff member was walking around outside trying to yap with my husband as he was taking a smoke break. Let's keep personal business out of our day trip.

Overall.. I was kinda of disappointed with my trip to Mammoth. I think I was expecting more and maybe it wasn't the right time of year to go visiting. We went during an off season prior to the snow.. which was fine for us.. since we don't ski.

However.. our hike from Twin Lakes to Horseshoe Lake was a very pleasant day. Not too crowded and the beautiful blue skies were perfect for picture taking.

As for revisiting.. probably not in the near future.. But, for ski lovers.. this may be a favorite for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Holidayhaus M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Haus Motel, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Hi CZeyha,
Thanks for sharing your story about taking a trip to Mammoth and staying at Holiday Haus. We're glad you enjoyed having a fireplace in your room and will take into consideration your helpful constructive comments. If you do visit Mammoth again, we'll do everything we can to ensure you have a peaceful and restful stay.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here for a night while visiting a friend and checking on a future job prospect. The staff are friendly and incredibly helpful! The motel is within a 1/5 of a mile from one of the gondolas and a boatload of restaurants. The rooms clean and homely...a big step up from your cookie cutter hotel rooms. Definitely staying here again...unless I'm living here!

Room Tip: No pool or restaurant....I didn't want to ruin the rating because of that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hi Lumineferusother,
Thanks again for staying with us at Holiday Haus Motel. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Not having a pool helps us keep our rates low, but we do have a hot tub and complimentary breakfast, which hopefully you were able to utilize. See you again soon in Mammoth!
reading, berks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night during a recent holdiay to California. It was our second night in Mammoth Lakes and we had stayed elsewhere on the first night. This was so much better!! The hotel is located within walking distance of the restaurants and shops of the village and is on the edge of woods.

There was a real welcome from reception and staff went out of their way to make sure that everything was OK for us.

The refurbished rooms all have themes which provide a good insight into local history. Our room was huge, with a big window overlooking pine trees. It was very clean and had a great bathroom with a good shower. There was also complementary WiFi

Breakfast was included in the price - bagels, yoghurts, tea and coffee. Plenty to get you started for the day.

Room Tip: Get one of the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Holidayhaus M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Haus Motel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
AnnenSteve, We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the refurbished look and feel of our motel. In summer 2011, when we did our renovation, we worked with the Southern Mono Historical Society to include vintage local photography and maps in each room. We're glad you enjoyed this historical touch! We hope you were able to see some of Mammoth's beautiful fall colors during your September stay and hope you'll visit us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

On Tuesday September 25th 2012 at 6pm I called to ask for rate info for the MLK holiday in January. My friends and I are planning a snowboard trip. The older sounding lady who answered the phone to say the least was rude? I ask if they had anything available for that weekend, her response was I don't know in a unpleasant tone. You could hear her frowning through the phone! I asked what do you mean? She said that is too far in advance. OK? How come other places around them are either filling up or have no vacancy at that time? I ask if she could give me an idea of what they usually charge during that holiday weekend? Can you guess what her response was...yup, "I don't know... She told me to call back in December! That is a great idea I will call back in December and hope their prices are reasonable and if not then I will be out of luck because everything else in the area will be booked or increases in price due to the upcoming holiday. I give this lady two big thumbs up for that answer. I think she needs to go to customer service school and learn how to be accommodating to a potential guest on the phone. She could at least find out from her boos/manager what a holiday weekend price might be. Good luck booking in advance, your better off mailing them the dates you want to stay and post date it till December =)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JR, Our sincere apologies. We are now accepting reservation bookings for the winter 2012-13 season. One way we're able to keep costs down as Mammoth's best low-price hotel lodging is by operating over-the-phone reservations instead of an online booking system. We appreciate any and all feedback and have taken your experience into account. Thank you.

Been to Holiday Haus Motel? Share your experiences!