“Rudeness and more rudeness..lie to your face...and more rudeness” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Call Direct For Best Rate
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Ventura, California
“Rudeness and more rudeness..lie to your face...and more rudeness”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have reviewed this particular property before, where I shared how the front desk lady busted into my room and was scary rude...I was told that the problem was addressed and taken care of. It is not true. We called to book a room and guess who answered? That's right, the rudest person on the planet...and she was snotty and rude yet again...when asked if there were rooms...we get a snarly you'll have to call back, I don't have time to look right now. On check in, she did nothing but snarl and act like she was completely put out to have to take our money to stay. She must be related or be part owner, because she is downright scary to how she lets herself and her rudeness get out of control. No one would want to put her in charge, otherwise. We had to stay, because there was nothing else at the last minute....because I had to keep calling back to get an answer... but I will NEVER stay there again...that's a promise....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tGypsyMomma
Holidayhaus M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Haus Motel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013

Carson City, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I decided to take an overnight trip to Mammoth Lakes, CA. Of the hotels located in Mammoth.. we chose Holiday Haus because of the price and location.

Holiday Haus was moderately priced for a room with a King bed, fireplace, fridge and microwave.

I loved the fireplace, however.. it was controlled by the thermostat located on the wall and would kick off when the room temperature was reached. I would have prefered to have the fireplace blazing for as long as I wanted. I can understand that the room may have gotten too warm.. but, I think there are better ways to control the room temperature and keep the fire going.

The King bed was somewhat comfortable with plenty of room to stretch out and more comfortable than what we had at home. Since our visit to Holiday Haus.. we've purchased our own King bed which is much better than theirs.

As for location... well.. it is convenient to the Lakes and restaurants. No complaints.

What I didn't care for was what appeared as "drama" between one of the staff members and a personal "friend". The "friend" kept coming and going out of the parking lot and the staff member was walking around outside trying to yap with my husband as he was taking a smoke break. Let's keep personal business out of our day trip.

Overall.. I was kinda of disappointed with my trip to Mammoth. I think I was expecting more and maybe it wasn't the right time of year to go visiting. We went during an off season prior to the snow.. which was fine for us.. since we don't ski.

However.. our hike from Twin Lakes to Horseshoe Lake was a very pleasant day. Not too crowded and the beautiful blue skies were perfect for picture taking.

As for revisiting.. probably not in the near future.. But, for ski lovers.. this may be a favorite for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CZeyha
Holidayhaus M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Haus Motel, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Hi CZeyha,
Thanks for sharing your story about taking a trip to Mammoth and staying at Holiday Haus. We're glad you enjoyed having a fireplace in your room and will take into consideration your helpful constructive comments. If you do visit Mammoth again, we'll do everything we can to ensure you have a peaceful and restful stay.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here for a night while visiting a friend and checking on a future job prospect. The staff are friendly and incredibly helpful! The motel is within a 1/5 of a mile from one of the gondolas and a boatload of restaurants. The rooms clean and homely...a big step up from your cookie cutter hotel rooms. Definitely staying here again...unless I'm living here!

Room Tip: No pool or restaurant....I didn't want to ruin the rating because of that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hi Lumineferusother,
Thanks again for staying with us at Holiday Haus Motel. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Not having a pool helps us keep our rates low, but we do have a hot tub and complimentary breakfast, which hopefully you were able to utilize. See you again soon in Mammoth!
reading, berks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night during a recent holdiay to California. It was our second night in Mammoth Lakes and we had stayed elsewhere on the first night. This was so much better!! The hotel is located within walking distance of the restaurants and shops of the village and is on the edge of woods.

There was a real welcome from reception and staff went out of their way to make sure that everything was OK for us.

The refurbished rooms all have themes which provide a good insight into local history. Our room was huge, with a big window overlooking pine trees. It was very clean and had a great bathroom with a good shower. There was also complementary WiFi

Breakfast was included in the price - bagels, yoghurts, tea and coffee. Plenty to get you started for the day.

Room Tip: Get one of the refurbished rooms.
2 Thank annensteve
Holidayhaus M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Haus Motel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
AnnenSteve, We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the refurbished look and feel of our motel. In summer 2011, when we did our renovation, we worked with the Southern Mono Historical Society to include vintage local photography and maps in each room. We're glad you enjoyed this historical touch! We hope you were able to see some of Mammoth's beautiful fall colors during your September stay and hope you'll visit us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

On Tuesday September 25th 2012 at 6pm I called to ask for rate info for the MLK holiday in January. My friends and I are planning a snowboard trip. The older sounding lady who answered the phone to say the least was rude? I ask if they had anything available for that weekend, her response was I don't know in a unpleasant tone. You could hear her frowning through the phone! I asked what do you mean? She said that is too far in advance. OK? How come other places around them are either filling up or have no vacancy at that time? I ask if she could give me an idea of what they usually charge during that holiday weekend? Can you guess what her response was...yup, "I don't know... She told me to call back in December! That is a great idea I will call back in December and hope their prices are reasonable and if not then I will be out of luck because everything else in the area will be booked or increases in price due to the upcoming holiday. I give this lady two big thumbs up for that answer. I think she needs to go to customer service school and learn how to be accommodating to a potential guest on the phone. She could at least find out from her boos/manager what a holiday weekend price might be. Good luck booking in advance, your better off mailing them the dates you want to stay and post date it till December =)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank J R
JR, Our sincere apologies. We are now accepting reservation bookings for the winter 2012-13 season. One way we're able to keep costs down as Mammoth's best low-price hotel lodging is by operating over-the-phone reservations instead of an online booking system. We appreciate any and all feedback and have taken your experience into account. Thank you.
Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place is great! It is very affordable, clean, comfortable, remodled, has a fireplace, microwave and mini-fridge and the kindest manager! We had booked a room at the Tamarack Lodge, went to go into our room late in the evening, only to find someone else occupying it! The Holiday Haus was so accommodating to our situation. So great to know that there are good people out there who will still go out of their way to help you out. We were so grateful, had a wonderful experience and will always stay there from now on! Thank you Holiday Haus!!! :)

Room Tip: Fireplaces are downstairs only.
1 Thank GnHH
Holidayhaus M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Haus Motel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thanks again for staying with us at Holiday Haus! We pride ourselves on being able to accommodate each guest in any way we can, and we're so glad that you enjoyed your time here. Mammoth is a special place! Come visit us again soon!
Hove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel did not appear on travel sites so we had to search around and came across their website. Can't book online and we ended up phoning which was a little annoying but in the end worth it.

Chad and Patty were friendly and helpful, and the room was a good size. It backed onto the forest and we enjoyed looking out trying to spot bears! (we didn't see any).

Mammoth Lakes is a nice place to stay in stunning scenery.

The only letdown was the small breakfast but we didn't pay very much for the room anyway.

Overall recommended.

1 Thank beninbrighton
Thank you for staying with us and letting everyone know about your experience at Holiday Haus. We're glad to hear that you treasure the stunning scenery of Mammoth Lakes as much as we do! Please come visit us again soon!