“It's all about the service” 4 of 5 stars

Mammoth Creek Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   663 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546   |
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Los Angeles
“It's all about the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Spent mid-week here this past week and enjoyed their great service during a couple of major storms. As flights and schedules changed, they were all over it & accomodated me.

The free shuttle service (Tom) was a great resource both in terms of shuttling you around where you needed to go & pick you up at airport, but also to guide you to the best places in Mammoth for dining or whatever you needed.

I recommend this hotel without reservation!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

The suite that we booked for our party of 5 turned out to be a loft with only a single pullout couch downstairs. The staff attempted to acomadate my guests with some out dated roll away beds that looked like something new recruits slept on during their hazing in bootcamp. Honestly that wasn't even the icing on the cake. It was the lack of attention paid to the parking situation that caused us the most trouble as we awoke to some ignorant slednecks demanding my friend move his truck at 8am in the morning. The thing is that there was adequate space for the other party to exit the spot but they decided to make a fuss and almost escalated the situation to a physical confrontation. Needless to say we canceled our remaining night and moved to more friendly hotel: the Westin Monarch. Point in case; don't stay at the Mammoth Creek Inn.

• Stayed January 2011
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I stayed at the Mammoth Creek Inn over Christmas. The rooms were incredible spacious and clean and I slept like a baby in the peace and quiet! The above and beyond service from the staff is what truly stands out in my mind. The complimentary driver was really nice and willing to take us anywhere for dinner or to the ski lifts early in the morning. He even spent a few hours driving me to five different ski shops when my boots didn’t fit properly and needed to find a replacement pair (what service!!!)! Also, since my boyfriend and I made this a last-minute trip, we had NO dinner reservations over Christmas...but the hotel was able to get us reservations all three nights!! This hotel has such a personalized feel and friendly staff that help make it exceptionally well-run. I recommended it to all and look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

The room was big, but as it was a loft, there was only one bed and the sofa beds were a little difficult to open. The mobiliare is old, but the kitchen has all you may need. The bathrooms could be better. If you ask for something to do, they can try to arrange to you, but as they are far from the main lodge and the ski center, I think the hotel should have activities in a list that you can see and then they can made the reserves for you. There is a shutle from the hotel, but it is only avaiablie if it s not picking up someone in the airport. The breakfast has only basic itens, but they have a sympathetic coofe and hot chocolate in the loby.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

A beautiful warm cozy exclusive boutique hotel with excellent services and amenities. Love the morning breakfast and the concierge service they are there for anything 24 hours a day. The shuttle service is an excellent feature they took me to the mountain picked me up in a promptly manner. I felt like I was in my own home because it was so warm and nurturing at the hotel. Although the rooms were full it didn't feel overwhelmingly crowded like most hotels in the area. It was a lot more intimate. The location had me feeling like I was a local resident although I was just a visitor. The quiet calm peaceful setting and large windows allowed me to enjoy the beautiful nature surroundings while I was able to sit on the couch by the fireplace and write my book. I will definitely return to this Fabulous Homey Hotel.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

The service is outstanding. My friends and I felt comfortable staying in the Mammoth Creek Inn's cozy and spacious rooms that were always kept tidy and clean. The staff working at this hotel really makes sure their guests are happy and well taken care of. Over all i would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who is planning a trip to Mammoth Lakes.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I heard about this hotel from a friend who stayed there and am SO GLAD I came with my friends. It's right in the middle of all the action and the rooms were HUGE with all new and beautiful trimmings. This hotel is Cheap for what they offer. Great staff, private shuttle service is included! Indoor jacuzzi and sauna, along with complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast included! It was also a real pleasure to be able to socialize with the other guests while playing in the Billiard room. The whole staff really went out of their way for you. Recommend!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Mammoth Creek Inn? Share your experiences!