“Never had a bad meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Continental
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Dine at The Restaurant at Convict LakeJust 10 Minutes from Mammoth Lakes!The Restaurant at Convict Lake is widely recognized as the finest restaurant in the Eastern Sierra and a "locals" choice for special occasions. Dine in a romantic and casually elegant location just 10 minutes from Mammoth Lakes across from the Mammoth/Yosemite Airport.
Ladera Ranch, California
“Never had a bad meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have eaten there a few times now and as always never a bad meal. Must have bananas foster for dessert! Romantic and the staff was really terrific.

Visited July 2014

Joshua Tree, California
“Make Reservations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Excellent food and service. I've had dinner here twice, and it is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. This restaurant has the total package: excellent food, atmosphere, and great service. Come here to dine, not just to eat.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corona, California
“Bananas Foster is the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I went there for dinner for my birthday. I really only go for the bananas foster and they did not disappoint. The food is good and all of my guest enjoyed it. The thing that I do not like with many restaurants is that they feel the need to sauce the steak. My filet had a sauce on it, and it was not that good of a sauce. I like my steak with just a bit of salt and cracked pepper. The service is beyond comparison. Mammoth has lots of restaurants, but most of them simply do not have all around good food and good service. They are hit or miss. This place you can order almost any item and you will have good food and the service is always good. I am sad to say that the making of the dessert got more interest than the actual dessert so I do not have a picture of the dessert. Needless to say, it was delicious. But watching it being made is a lot of fun. You will not be disappointed if you dine here. It is very cool to go in the winter after a good snow, as it is a beautiful setting. I also want to say that I really miss not being able to get Alpers trout. I hope it comes back because that is my favorite item on the menu.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mammoth Lakes, CA
“As a local, this is my personal favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have lived in the eastern sierras since 85 and eat here about 6 times a year, if not more. The atmosphere is 2nd to none and views are spectacular. We have had xmas parties here, birthday parties, entertained guest here and it is always a hit. The food is great and the service is the best in the area.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brian B, Owner at The Restaurant at Convict Lake, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Patron,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide comment on your experience at Angels. We appreciate you patronage and any comments that you have.

Can you tell us the date of your visit.

Also, if you will send us your email to info@convictlake.com we will be pleased to send you a small token of our appreciation.

Best regards,

Brian
The World
“The best food at "Taste of the Sierra" was Convict Lake Rest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

At the annual "Taste of the Sierra" the best offerings were from the Convict Lake Restaurant. We wanted to go to the restaurant itself but we couldn't get to it before we left Bishop. Next time!

Visited May 2014