“loud” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 30 hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Los Angeles, California
“loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hello- We were in a lovely condo first floor one bedroom. It was Christmas week thru new years. The location can't be beat but the noise was awful. You can hear everything going on next to you in the hallways and outside. We left early since we had not slept at all for the 4 nights we were there. My kids were miserable as was my husband, I did not ski so I could at least try to get some sleep during the day. Also it was dark inside. Pluses - parking, location, and area around to walk. Close to Juniper so you can get a shuttle.

Room Tip: Maybe the top floors are quieter, also some condos that are not remodeled are awful. Also the build...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Indian River, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed in Summit 213 for one month in early 2012. We were thrilled with the accomodation. The entire complex was clean and bright with a $12 million upgrade completed in just the last two years. Although the complex was built in the 70's, the new siding and other improvements makes it feel almost like new. Our particular unit met all of our needs, including comfortable king-size bed, cable flat screen TV, high speed internet, free long distance and international phone calls, great hot-tubs, near the ski lifts, and dog-friendly. We booked through Mammoth Premiere Reservations, and they did everything possible to make our stay comfortable. If something was broken, they fixed it the same day. If something was missing, they replaced it the same day. We would definitely stay in Mammoth again, at the Summit again, and book through Mammoth Premiere Reservations again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Just got back from a trip to Mammoth. I booked this unit with 1888mammoth.com after reading about it and seeing pictures on their website. I was not disappointed. Condo is beautifully furnished and modern. Best thing is a great king sized bed in the bedroom. Every time I have stayed at the Smmit before, I always had a queen sized bed. Condo is a short walk to the slopes. I wish they had a working trash chute in the building as I had to bring the trash down to the dumpster in the garage to get rid of it. I complained to the mangement who said that it was a fire hazard to drop ashes down the chute, which some people did, and that is why they closed the chutes. Luckily, there is an elevator in this building. Some of the buidliongs at Summit do not have elevators and that would have been a real pain to have to carry the trash down the stairs. Condo had 2 flat screen TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. Will stay there again next time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011 via mobile

Most of the Summit reviews are outdated. The entire complex underwent an $11M facelift in 2009/2010. New roofing, patio doors, balconies, siding and landscaping. Unit 274 has been completely remodeled, and is exactly like the photos on VRBO. The kitchen has every amenity imaginable including stainless steel appliances, cappuccino maker, waffle maker, etc. There is beautiful slate flooring and gorgeous paneled walls. The bathrooms are all new with marble sinks and showers. There were eight of us, and with the three bathrooms and bedrooms, we were VERY comfortable. The combo washer/dryer was great.

It is a 5 minute walk to the lifts. We parked in the underground lot and didn't touch our car again until we left.

I don't know s
What the issue was with the previous management company (Mammoth Reservations), but the current manager, Mammoth Front Desk, is awesome. The unit was spotless and fully stocked with coffee, tea, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, etc. Some of the nicest linens we have ever slept on in Mammoth!

We will be coming back this summer for fishing and rock climbing. I think we've finally found our "Mammoth place"

• Stayed January 2011
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Summit 86 is a well appointed and comfortable condominium in great location across the street from Eagle Express Lift. Listed for 8 and accommodates 6 well; a bit cramped for our 8 adults. The advertised loft bunk beds were actually a trundle bed that blocked access to the second bedroom and bathroom when occupied. Designated parking is provided for 1 vehicle but access to the garage limits vehicles to 6’ 9” clearance. The advertised second parking spot is effectively the public parking lot across the street. The condominium was a positive experience however the management company was less than professional. The dishwasher failed on the first night (first use) and a call to the management company indicated a repairman would be out shortly. Repeated calls failed to produce a repairman during the four day stay. Subsequent email exchanges and telephone calls with the management company implied that we had damaged the dishwasher through negligent use but would be spared billing for the damage because it was repairable. The accommodations were very good but the management company was unsatisfactory. Recommend avoiding Mammoth Reservations company.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

I typically only write a review up on here if the property is substantially better or worse than what I expect. I will admit that I was a bit nervous about staying at the Summit after seeing a number of not-so-great reviews here. I already had it booked, though, so I was stuck. What a pleasant surprise!

I stayed in Unit 245, which is a 1-bedroom. I was surprised to see there was already a review up for that unit. I had good experience during my trip, and I see that the previous person did, as well.

I can't speak about the other units, since this was my first stay at the Summit. However, I didn't see any maintenance or cleaning problems. The unit was clean, the bed was comfortable, and most of the furniture seemed new. Everything I needed was in working order.

The location is excellent. You can walk to the Chair 15 area without trouble (probably takes less than 10 minutes, even carrying skis), or you can wait for the free bus, which comes often and conveniently has a stop right in front of the "B" building where this unit was located. I chose to use the bus because I didn't want to wear myself out before the long day of skiing!

The Chair 15 area itself has something for every skiing ability, and is much quieter and less crowded than the Canyon and Main Lodge areas. I like skiing the advanced runs off Chair 9 and Chair 5, which are very easy to access from Chair 15.

I really don't have any complaints. This is a comfortable, solid place to stay with a nice location, and it was cheaper than most of the comparable properties I saw. Next time I come back to Mammoth, I am staying here again.

• Liked — nice place, comfortable bed, good location, good value
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

My grilfriend ane I stayed for 2 nights at Summit 245. We were very satisfied with the experience. It is walking distance to chair 15 and also has an elevator in the building. Friends of ours stayed in building E and found there was not elevator there. Among the summit buildings, only the Bradley and Ansel Adams buildings have elevators which is a big plus when carrying supplies and ski equipment. We booked through the Mammothe Reservations website where we saw pictures of the unit in advance. It has a really nice bedroom set with a king size bed and great mattress. Everything in the unit was nice and modern. It has only one parking spot, so if you have 2 cars it is not ideal. Sometimes, you can get the guest parking spots if available. Ohterwise, you can park on the street but would not want to be parked outside in a snowstorm. If you have only one car, then there is a reserved spot in the subterranean garage and you can walk straight to the elevator. All in all, we had a good experience.

• Liked — Nicely decorated modern unit, building has elevator
  • Disliked — Only one parking spot assigned.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Summit Condominiums? Share your experiences!