“A bad dining experience, (good food, bad service)!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, California
“A bad dining experience, (good food, bad service)!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

We went there on our last night of our stay, hoping to have a good dining experience. We did not have a reservation. They told us we have to wait at least an hour, NO problem with that, but there were people that did not have reservation, and came 30 min after us, and to our surprise were seated before us!! I had to go and talk to the manager, and he said “oh just give me one min!” then they gave us the worst table possible in the restaurant, by the salad bar and the door to the busy kitchen, and next to the loudest two family table!! Our waitress was not very polite, and when we told her we are ready to order, because we were waiting 1 hour and had time to see the menu, she told us “the other table has not ordered yet!!! But, come on tell me what you want?”
She throws the steak knives in front of us later on, and brought our meals with the wrong order of side dishes! And told us okay I take it back or you guys can change it yourself!! The only good service we got was from the gracious boss boy.
Anyway, the food was good and the salad bar was fresh, but the service was bad, and the atmosphere was not that great either.
We ate as fast as we could, and got of there. My recommendation is “Make sure you have a reservation maybe then you have a better service “. We will not go back again!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Silicon Valley, CA
“Wow, best restaurant meal during my trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

It's probably not really necessary to post yet another great review about Mogul. I had the seared Ahi and my buddy had the signature chicken, and both entrees were terrific. I was surprised how fresh the Ahi tasted (I am a sashimi nut), and it was a huge piece too. The salad bar was an excellent value, the coffee and bread were great and just kept coming. The staff was exceptionally friendly. So really, if you want a good meal and a good value, go to Mogul. It is very close to the shuttle stop too.

Nambour, Australia
“Excellent dining experience, good wine by...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Excellent dining experience, good wine by the glass at reasonable prices, friendly servers who grill your food personally. Best seared ahi tuna I have ever eaten!

Long Beach, CA
“Great Meal, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

We came to Mammoth to ski the slopes and eat some good food. This restaurant is off of the beaten path, but the food is out of this world. Our server/cook Karen was very knowledgeable with what was offered. I ordered the Angel Hair Pasta w/shrimp and it was very light and healthy. My girlfriend ordered the Petite Mogul Chicken. That hit it out of the park. What a wonderful highlight after an exhausting day. Afterwards, Carey the Manager of the Mogul came to our table to make sure that we had a wonderful experience. Thank you to the staff, I will be back on my next visit.

Los Angeles, California
“"Rib Eye Steak WORST EVER"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

This place was on the advise of the hotel that I stayed. Everything was perfect, salad bar, appetizer, waitress (Sandra). My Rib Eye was ordered medium rare, and it was the rarest steak I have EVER had. My waitress was advised and she simply threw it back on the grill. It came back as originally ordered, med rare. It was not a restaurant grade quality steak, and I have had better steaks from the supermarket. I am on the road all the time, and I this was the WORST cut of beef I have ever had. Yes a CHILI's Rib Eye is better. UGH, YUCK!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere