Stayed Thursday and Friday night, Jan. 24 & 25. Three of us had a 2-bedroom, so we could spread out. It was a good thing because the living room would have been crowded with any more. We had a nice view of the mountain, hot tubs, and pool. I liked the fact that the main bath had a large shower and no tub. (I hate climbing over a tub). Master bathroom has a tub, in case anyone needs it. The living room had a gas fireplace as a heater, and the bedrooms have electric baseboard heaters. We turned them all off and opened the windows when we arrived. We never needed to use the heaters, because the building stays warm. Kitchen was well-equipped. Good thing since there is no restaurant at the facility. We had really good beds, and the place was clean. Each closet included fans, and humidifiers...a nice touch.
I'm not as impressed as others seem to be with the Aveda toiletries. The Rosemary Mint shampoo/body wash made my sunburn & "my boys" tingle, and burn. ;-)
This hotel is not truly ski in/out from what we could see. Maybe with more snow? Even so, the lift is very close.
I would gladly stay here again, although I would look at some of the other areas of Mammoth as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the Mountains at your Front Door. Juniper Springs Lodge, Sunstone and Eagle Run make up Mammoth's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Located at Eagle Lodge and Eagle Express chairlift, these studio to three bedroom condos and townhomes offer an alpine getaway that is ideal for families. Juniper Springs Resort was recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler's top 50 ski resort properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Juniper Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Springs Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Juniper Springs Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Juniper Springs Lodge