Stayed here for a family vacation with teenagers to take advantage of the epic snowfall in Mammoth. If you want utilitarian accommodations and are focused on skiing/snowboarding and don’t care about much else, this place is perfect. If you are looking for luxury, or other amenities…not so much.
Calling it a resort is kind of a stretch – self-contained it is not, and services are minimal – no restaurant, no bar, no room service, not close to much except the lifts. There is a coffee place that is open for breakfast and lunch, but again, minimal. There is a shuttle you can take to get to the Village or other places where there are shops and restaurants.
For families with kids, there are activities, a game room with ping pong table and video games (a big selection according to my teenage son), and a pool and a Jacuzzi. Having the lift within walking distance is great, especially if you have small kids – there is a ski school at the Eagle Lodge as well so you don’t have to take them all the way to the Village.
The rooms themselves vary greatly, as many of the condos are individually owned. You may get a well-laid-out, updated one…or, you may not. Unfortunately I was able to compare ours to another that had 3 flatscreen TV’s to our one, a kitchen that was much bigger and finishes were much higher-end than in ours. Our condo was fine and functional, but the other one was better.
Wi-Fi is slow and intermittent, so if you plan to use the Internet a lot during your stay, be prepared. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Not sure if I will stay again – would rather stay in the Village where there is more to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the Mountains at your Front Door. Juniper Springs Lodge, Sunstone and Eagle Run make up Mammoth's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Located at Eagle Lodge and Eagle Express chairlift, these studio to three bedroom condos and townhomes offer an alpine getaway that is ideal for families. Juniper Springs Resort was recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler's top 50 ski resort properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Juniper Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Springs Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Juniper Springs Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Juniper Springs Lodge