Located in a quiet area away from the main village of Mammoth Lakes, in winter this would be fantastic accommodation with the chairlifts up to the ski fields literally next door. In summer, it’s pretty quiet but that’s ok too because the peace of the high Sierra is a joy to behold.
The 2 bedroom condominium was of decent size – both bedrooms had king beds with beds that were fairly high. The pillows, like many hotels, were too soft. The beds themselves were also too soft, we found ourselves with rather sore necks after each night’s sleep. Only 1 iPod dock (of the 2 in the condo) worked – this was disappointing.
We didn’t spend much time in the condo but the little time we did spend was pleasant enough. There is no cooling in the room (not that much was needed) but the bedrooms did get very hot in the evenings with all the appliances turned on even with heating off.
Depending on where you are located in the resort, the WiFi can be very hit and miss – it was fine in the lobby but in our room it was non-functioning.
The car park is reasonable enough but the spaces are quite tight so if you have anything larger than a Camry size car, you ought be careful.
The selection of Aveda toiletries was really nice; you’ll need the moisturiser because the air is very thin and dry there.
All in all, a decent choice if you don’t mind being a little bit away from the main village.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Springs Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Juniper Springs Hotel
- Juniper Springs Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Juniper Springs Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the Mountains at your Front Door. Juniper Springs Lodge, Sunstone and Eagle Run make up Mammoth's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Located at Eagle Lodge and Eagle Express chairlift, these studio to three bedroom condos and townhomes offer an alpine getaway that is ideal for families. Juniper Springs Resort was recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler's top 50 ski resort properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Juniper Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.